3c/4a braidout/twistout/bandout pics

candy626

Was wondering if there were any 3c/4a ladies out there would would like to share some pictures of their hair in a braid out, twist out, or band-out?

I have tried all three of these things unsucessfully. It seems like I always end up taking my hair out of the braids, twists, or bands before it is fully dry, and it just ends up looken like it usually does after washing and conditioning. Sometimes worse.

Here are photos of a twist out:

Dry Twist Out*

008-vi.jpg

Same Dry Twist Out

0032-vi.jpg

Day 5 of a "Regular Twist Out - My hair was super stretched out.

021-vi.jpg

Wash-n-Go hair (for reference)
041-vi.jpg

*A "dry twist out" is when I let my hair fully dry from a WnG before twisting it for a twist out.

Hope this helps!

Do you have a bonnet dryer?
I sometimes will dry it for 20 mins or so right after braiding or twisting up and then the next day before I unbraid/twist I will go under the dryer for another 10 to 20 minutes let my hair get back to regular temperature and then unbraid/twist.
That way it gets a lil heat blast before starting the airdrying process and then a "just in case" blast before I unravel and end up with a hot frizzy mess.

I finally have a new rollabout dryer that I like, so I will definitely try this! The last couple times I did I tried it I went to sleep on it and hoped it would dry overnight, though it did not. I really would like to try out a style that will help reduce shrinkage.

Here are photos of a twist out:

Dry Twist Out*

008-vi.jpg

Same Dry Twist Out

0032-vi.jpg

Day 5 of a "Regular Twist Out - My hair was super stretched out.

021-vi.jpg

Wash-n-Go hair (for reference)
041-vi.jpg

*A "dry twist out" is when I let my hair fully dry from a WnG before twisting it for a twist out.

Hope this helps!

Nice Results!

I am 4a/3c natural and one way I get really defined braidouts is using satin or silk strips of material long enough to be double the length of my hair, I tried this with smallish and bigger braids like 7 or 8 total (I like the bigger braids better cuz I like big hair and the curls are bigger).

I like doing this style with already stretched and detangled hair, spray water to dampened hair add a little conditioner and gel for hold it can be done with freshly washed hair or. The only problem I have is it takes over a day to dry unless I sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes or until damp braids feel completely dry.

When hair is completely dry the waves are more defined, if I take down hair still damp they are not as defined and I get more frizz. There are several YouTubers who have made videos.

Here is one with natural hair. There are more with relaxed or straightened hair. Hope you find something you like.

Sorry double post!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZWUUi7go0&feature=related

Last edited:
candy626 - Thanks!

I also need to add that every time I take my hair down, its completely dry. I usually let it dry overnight or sometimes knock a little of the water out with a hand dryer while twisting if its really late in the evening...

I am 4a/3c natural and one way I get really defined braidouts is using satin or silk strips of material long enough to be double the length of my hair, I tried this with smallish and bigger braids like 7 or 8 total (I like the bigger braids better cuz I like big hair and the curls are bigger).

I like doing this style with already stretched and detangled hair, spray water to dampened hair add a little conditioner and gel for hold it can be done with freshly washed hair or. The only problem I have is it takes over a day to dry unless I sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes or until damp braids feel completely dry.

When hair is completely dry the waves are more defined, if I take down hair still damp they are not as defined and I get more frizz. There are several YouTubers who have made videos.

Here is one with natural hair. There are more with relaxed or straightened hair. Hope you find something you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZWUUi7go0&feature=related

Here are a few pics of a twist out...It took me SEVERAL times to finally get one successful twist-out!

The last pic is a wash and go for reference...

Attachments

• Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 011.JPG
    Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 011.JPG
    415.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 015.JPG
    Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 015.JPG
    389.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 016.JPG
    Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 016.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 017.JPG
    Twistout Mommy Flat Iron 017.JPG
    472.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Hope's Night Out 008.JPG
    Hope's Night Out 008.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 129
Banded hair:

DSCN1308-vi.jpg

DSCN1309-vi.jpg

Twistout:

IMG_0935-vi.jpg

This is just a regular twist out picture, done on wet hair, I think. The twistouts look different depending on how big the twists are, if they are wet or dry when I do them, stuff like that. My fotki has a ton of pics, not going to post them all. I also have some braid outs there.

This is a braidout from a few months ago. It was done by putting my hair in about 9 braids, rolling the ends with the orange perm rods. Products used were Salerm 21, KCCC, and shea butter on the ends.

Back