3 yr Nappiversary!! I think I might be done growing (Pic Heavy)!

DMJ's Mom

Hi ladies,
The end of June was actually my 3 year mark but I didn't feel like straightening it until this weekend. I BC'd in 2007 after about a 3-4 month transition. Unfortunately I hadn't found this site when I did the BC and didn't think to take pictures to track my progress but I only had about 4 inches of hair. In january I took my first picture post DC and detangled. Strecthed it brushed my shoulders. That May I got bored and cut my hair again to about 4.5 inches. The photo in the orange tank was taken in Dec 08 that is approx 6 inches at its longest point. In the red shirt with the gold R (apr 09) my hair is freshly washed and soaked the next is the length shot from July 09 followed by a full blow out in Sept. The curly picture with the pink tank is from Mar of this year right after giving birth. And the last was taken 2 days ago as you can see PP shedding (along with a trim) has taken its toll on my hair a little in the length and thickness but I think that where my hair is now is more than enough for me to handle. So right now I don't intend on growing any more just maintaining.

Attachments

• jan08.JPG
    jan08.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 7-08.JPG
    7-08.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 203
  • jul08.JPG
    jul08.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 187
  • aug08.JPG
    aug08.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Dec08.JPG
    Dec08.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Continued...

Attachments

• apr09.JPG
    apr09.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 212
  • jul09.jpg
    jul09.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 223
  • sep09.JPG
    sep09.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 214
  • mar10.jpg
    mar10.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 336
  • jul10.JPG
    jul10.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 317
Your progress is fantastic! But why do you think you are done growing? Or are you just planning to keep it trimmed to this length?

Just curious. :)

Last edited:
wow that picture in the second post, (4th one) makes me want to BC so bad to go natural. beautiful hair

Now that is prett-ee!! My favorite one is the 4rth pic in the red, please walk down the street and fling your hair everywhere. Do it for us!!! LOL j/k.

P.S. You dont have a fotki??

Your hair looks really good. It's very thick now compared to what it was when you started. What's your regimen?

My reggie has actually changed a couple of times from DC overnight then wash in the morning, to cowash daily, then to cowash daily hot oil treatment and dc weekly and no poo. The only think that has stayed constant is I either wear a bun or cornrows at least 5 days a week (for work). I gave up on having a really reggie when i was pregnant and just did what I had energy for. Now its usually shampoo once or twice a week moisturize that same day and twist my hair up in a bun for the week

The DONROSSCOLLECTION I did have a fotki but I let the subscription expire and haven't started it back up yet.
and mizz diamonds I love your siggie. It had me laughing so hard

Hair twin alert!!! lol Congrats on your progress!!! What products do you use?

Hi I don't really have any set products. right now the ones that I use are herbal essence hello hydration poo and conditioner or curls coconut curlata (sp?) at target along with the creme brulee moisturizer.

Back