3 week post BC update! *PICS INCLUDED*

So ladies...it's been one month since my BC. The pic below is from a week ago (3 weeks post). I am beginning to see a little more curl definition but I still remain frustrated from the dryness. I am cowashing and moisturizing like crazy yet nothing seems to help. But I'm determined to stick it out! :yep:

Check out this link to see the pics from right after my BC.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11015770

Attachments

• SAM_1621.jpg
    SAM_1621.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 117
Once a week...Bi-weekly if i'm not doing much to my hair, IMO I found that "grapefruit" and "creamy" purifiers don't cut it for me...what kind do you use???

Congratulations!!! :lol: Your screen name is awesome!!!

Check out my update thread with my mix! It's a blend of conditioner, glycerin, oils, and water. Cheap and effective. :yep:

I am currently using ''Ion Purifying Solutions'' clarifying shampoo. I haven't really compared with others. This is the only one I've tried.

Thank you! Love your hair!

GIRL!!!!

Funny you said that, I went to sallys last week for the one and only oil and I had ran out of my beloved....so I thought hmm this will do(ion clarifying in the silver bottle with pink cap and the one in the greenish blue bottle)....was I wrong!! It made my hair coated and gross feeling:nono: so I took them both back and exchanged for some aphogee packets!!!

BTW I think we are hair twins:yep: Your BC has got me itching to cut..lol how long did you transition??? (sorry if you already said that!)

Congratulations!!! :lol: Your screen name is awesome!!!

Check out my update thread with my mix! It's a blend of conditioner, glycerin, oils, and water. Cheap and effective. :yep:

Thank you! My sister came up with it! I am so into experimenting with my hair at the moment so I will be sure to check out your thread!

GIRL!!!!

Funny you said that, I went to sallys last week for the one and only oil and I had ran out of my beloved....so I thought hmm this will do(ion clarifying in the silver bottle with pink cap and the one in the greenish blue bottle)....was I wrong!! It made my hair coated and gross feeling:nono: so I took them both back and exchanged for some aphogee packets!!!

BTW I think we are hair twins:yep: Your BC has got me itching to cut..lol how long did you transition??? (sorry if you already said that!)

I hope so! I've always wanted a hair twin...lol! I planned on transitioning for at least 6 months and I chopped after 2 months and 3 weeks. I sure didn't make it that long, did I?
:lachen:

Congrats on your big chop lady! Have you been using products that contain cone laden ingredients. That may be the culprit behind your dryness. My hair is very dry when I use products that have cones, so I try to limit that as much as possible. A good clarification would be beneficial if you're experiencing product build up, which would result from the cone laden products. HTH!

Congrats on your big chop lady! Have you been using products that contain cone laden ingredients. That may be the culprit behind your dryness. My hair is very dry when I use products that have cones, so I try to limit that as much as possible. A good clarification would be beneficial if you're experiencing product build up, which would result from the cone laden products. HTH!

I'm not sure...I'll have to check it out. I've been using S Curl, ORS replenishing pak, Aubrey Organics ultra smoothing conditioner, Garnier Fructis triple nutrition shampoo and conditioner, and Herbal Essences hello hydration conditioner. Those are really the only products I use along with coconut oil and olive oil.

Back