3 raves: Sally's GVP iron, IC Fantasia Heat Protectant & my new Denman!

zzirvingj

I have gotten such good results with my last two presses to my hair that people thought I had went to the salon (and I have never before been able to get my hair to look like the stylist does)!

The major things I've changed are:

(1) I started using a new iron, the Generic CHI (GVP) from Sally's. It has temperature control and goes up to 410 degrees. Before I was using a Gold N Hot (or was it Hot Tools?) iron and I only used it twice before deciding it was not good for my hair. I owned an FHI iron last year, and at this point I think the GVP does just as good of a job as my old FHI 302RVI model :yep:

(2) I bought some IC Fantasia Heat Protectant serum (in the pink bottle) and I apply a small amount of this to my damp hair before blow drying. Besides a TINY bit of leave-in, this is the only product I apply to my hair before blowing it out. It leaves my hair shiny, silky, straight, and really does help with reversion! I think this item will definitely be a keeper until I can get ahold of some samples of Sabino Moisture Block.

(3) I got a suprise late birthday gift in the mail from a friend of mine a few weeks ago---a Denman brush!! I use it to detangle with, and I must say that I am truly happy to replace my old paddle brush with the Denman. At first glance I thought it would be too much for my thick 4a/b natural hair, but it works extremely well. I even use it to blow my hair out with!

i am relaxed and i use to use the RED IC SERUM as well it works really good especially for the price

I love that Fan IC serum. Really good stuff.

I got a sample from the BSS owner a few years ago and I have not used anything since that time that is as good and not too heavy.

I love my pink GVP!!! I just hate i don't know exactly what temperature i put it on!

What does the Fan IC serum smell like? I'm just curious.....it doesn't smell weird or 'chemically' does it?

Fantasia IC is the business when it comes to heat protectants ..

I have used 3 of theirs and they have all been good, I love the spray the best

I just purchased the GVP flat iron and a Denman brush last week.
I must stay they are pretty good.

I use the Fantasia IC and it's great as well. I use both the serum and the spray, but I like the spray a little better b/c it's slightly lighter.

i have the denman paddle brush and i love it. it is a mmust have. when i big chop i am going to get the d3 denman brush.

Sally's GVP Iron is the BEST! So is the IC Fantasia Heat Protectant.

I had issues with the Denman when I had the relaxed hair and natural hair all jumbled up together but since the BC, the Denman has been my best bud.

When I first found the board, I used IC Fantasia serum on dd hair, DH loved it. He asked me what was it called so he could buy her a case, lol. He liked what it did to her natural hair and the shine was blinding.

Just picked up another bottle at the BSS yesterday. I think I like it better than Chi, because my hair looks dull with Chi.

Thanks for the reviews! I was just wondering about the Fantasia IC heat protectant the other day! I'll check it out the next time I'm straightening my hair!

I love my pink GVP!!! I just hate i don't know exactly what temperature i put it on!

What does the Fan IC serum smell like? I'm just curious.....it doesn't smell weird or 'chemically' does it?

No... it kind of has a light sweet smell to it but not overpowering. The pink spray one does too.

Zzirvingj - How are you gonna come in here and talk about flat ironing with no pictures? WE WANT PICTURES PLEASE!!! :grin:

No... it kind of has a light sweet smell to it but not overpowering. The pink spray one does too.

Zzirvingj - How are you gonna come in here and talk about flat ironing with no pictures? WE WANT PICTURES PLEASE!!! :grin:

Ok I'll snap a pic and post 2nite :grin:

What happened with the FHI?

I sold it. Actually there was absolutely nothing wrong with the FHI, I just wanted to see if I could find a cheaper alternative that worked just as well. I thought about buying the CHI since it also gets alot of good reviews, but I heard about how the GVP was just like a CHI (and cheaper) so I thought I'd give it a shot. If you're set on buying an FHI I do definitely recommend the one I was using before (302RVI model).

Another positive thing about the GVP iron...hmmm...I've been toying with buying one. With every positive review...I get closer and closer to buying one.

I just bought the IC Fantasia Serum myself this past weekend and it's no joke. I will most definately keep some of this on hand.

I have gotten such good results with my last two presses to my hair that people thought I had went to the salon (and I have never before been able to get my hair to look like the stylist does)!

The major things I've changed are:

(1) I started using a new iron, the Generic CHI (GVP) from Sally's. It has temperature control and goes up to 410 degrees. Before I was using a Gold N Hot (or was it Hot Tools?) iron and I only used it twice before deciding it was not good for my hair. I owned an FHI iron last year, and at this point I think the GVP does just as good of a job as my old FHI 302RVI model :yep:

It's funny you say that because someone a while back (can't remember who at the moment) had a thread explaining that the GVP model number and the FHI number were the same but I believe it was the 207rvi model or something like that.

But I completely agree that GVP Is on point!!
What temp do you usually flat iron?

i bought one last year and it still works great i dont dont flat iron that much though. i've been wanting to try the ic. last time i went in sallys the irons were on sale again but that was all of 3 weeks ago

Zzirving, I just bought a GVP flat iron and the IC Heat Protectant serum today thanks to your review. I will post my results once I flat iron my shoulder length 4b hair for the first time in 4yrs (when it was 2-3inches!)

Back