3 Main Ways to Find Favor with the Lord

Country gal

I have been reading this books that gives details on the bible. It is an inside look at every chapter and the historical significance. From reading this book and the bible, there seems to be a running theme.

Love God with all your heart and put no other God before him
Abraham was always faithful to God only. To repay him for his loyalty God blessed him with a long life and many descendants.

Always Obey God's Laws

If you disobey, you will be punished but if you repent God will show you favor
Example- David had another man killed so he could get with Bathsheba. He knew he was wrong, repented and God continued to bless him.

What are your thoughts on my revelation?

May I add a few please?

Luke 12:8-9
8"Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. 9But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

Luke 12:29-31
29"And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31But seek (first) the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.

John 15:7
7"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Psalm 37:4
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Last edited:
Thank you dreamgurl. I need to be reminded of the words abiding in me part. Somedays I get so overwhelemed with all I have going on, that I don't do my daily reading as I should, but it is very essential to my spiritual growth..

I really like this scripture:

Luke 12:29-31
29"And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31But seek (first) the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.

Sbaker - I know that I get anxious about things (too often). so that is why it is important for his words abide in us - to help us be at peace when life circumstances try to unravel us..

Back