3 b/c's, I need your help!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My daughter has natural 3b hair, her ends are extremely dry and frizzy. They're so dry, they don't curl like the rest of her hair. My hubby has natural 3c hair. It's very thick, dry, hard, brittle, etc. I just don't know what to do with their heads! I was thinking of something from CurlJunkies, Asha's or Qhemet, but I have no idea where to start. I've never dealt with 3 hair, so I'm at a complete loss. Help! TIA :D

Here are a few threads that might help:

[thread=50132]Type 3a/b/c roll call...Please[/thread]

[thread=117109]Calling 3a's, 3b's and 3'cs[/thread]

[thread=108547]CALLING ALL 3B's[/thread]

You don't have to use fancy (read "expensive") products on type 3 hair. I use ORS Carrot Oil for daily moisturizing and CO-wash with whatever's on hand. Because the water is hard where I live, I also make liberal use of oils to boost my DT (Queen Helene - see? cheap!): coconut, castor, shea butter, etc. Aloe vera gel is also effective for smoothing edges and so on.

ETA: This link may be helpful.

Last edited:
Use nexxus products, redken anti snap leave in conditioner and infusium. I have to have alot of moisture for my ends. I co-wash alot in the warm/hot months as well. Garnier fructris has some good low cost products, I use their sleek and shine and leave in conditioner when I co-wash or wear my hair curly.

on my ends, I used to use Nexxus Humectruss but now am using GF sleek and shine and the long and strong leave ins. I have also found that my ends do not like a lot of manipulation or they will weaken and frizz. I would just try to limit touching the ends as much as possible.

HTH

I agree with the other ladies, that you don't necessarily need expensive products. I know the CO washing before I shampoo, with a conditioner, moisturizer, and some EVOO, and then sealing my moisturzer with a oil does wonders for my hair. Also try honey in combined with your conditioner,heat and apply as conditioner. It serves as a sealant for the conditioner, I used to do this when my ends were bad. Also be sure that she's not just in need of a good trim. I know there is a point where my ends are beyond saving and just trimming those dead ends off changes my whole hair. Sometimes it's easier to see that when you put hair in twists, if they look ragged in the twists then they probably need to go

Back