2nd nappyversary BUT unshapely!! PICS!!

TemiLnd

Can you ladies help me please!!
Just celebrating my 2nd year nappyversary - http://public.fotki.com/TemiLnd/ - but the shape of my hair is all weird.

I want to get a cut. How do you ladies decide on the right shape for natural hair?

I love my hair big and bold!!

Mar09-Mar11.jpg

P4020332.jpg

P4040349.jpg

P4050374.jpg

your pics dont really show the natural shape of your hair but it is beautiful.
is the last pic, the puff, a blow out?

anyway i was thinking of going to deva chan salon in december to get a shape because they have great reviews.

OMG gorgeous!! I love your hair! I can't wait until I can rock a bun!

As far as shaping, I don't really know. I was thinking about the same thing but I'm a little reluctant. My nephew's barber shaped his hair and it looked soooo good. But, I have alot more hair with weird textures... so I don't know how that would work.

your pics dont really show the natural shape of your hair but it is beautiful.
is the last pic, the puff, a blow out?

anyway i was thinking of going to deva chan salon in december to get a shape because they have great reviews.

Hi Chebaby, it is just a brushed out puff.
My hair was air-dried and brushed out.
I will blow out this weekend, so my fotki will updated again.

Is Deva chan in London?

Hi Chebaby, it is just a brushed out puff.
My hair was air-dried and brushed out.
I will blow out this weekend, so my fotki will updated again.

Is Deva chan in London?
hmmm i dont know. i think they may only be in new york. i know some people take trips down there to get their hair cut because they are supposed to be THAT good. but london may have salons that do the deva cut:yep:

Beautiful hair! It looks like mine,lol. I would like to know the same too because as my hair is growing out the shape is looking rather funny,lol.

Nice..I like your bun. What do you use to slick down your hair

I didn't slick it back with anything. I'm lucky that it has grown that much that scarfing at night does the job.

I just pulled the hair back into a low pony, flipped the pony up and tucked with 2 bobby pins.

Shape cut - i will definitely do a thread once I've done this.

Just out of curiosity, why does it even need to be shaped? Personally, I think it looks fantastic just the way it is. :yep:

However, if you are sure you do want it shaped, my best suggestion is to straighten it, and then maybe just try to even it out a bit.

Sorry if I'm not much help! :spinning:

good progress! your hair is so nice and thick. Love the bun.

My hair is "unshapely" too. I cut it to a neck length bob last year to get rid of damage, but naked out the shower the back shrinks more than the front, so unstretched it looks mismatched. When wearing it out, I just focus on stretching the back a bit prior to styling to make it all even out. As time goes on, and my hair continues to grow, its shape evens out and becomes more desirable for me.

If it grows or shrinks at different lengths, giving an undesired look, and length is what your after (like me) as long as its healthy I suggest stretching all the hair out in braids or twist, or by banding it at night, wearing braid/twist- outs or bantu knot outs to camouflage the uneven shape.

also, if your ok with sacrificing length, just get it straightened and cut blunt long bob like style to let it grow out evenly, or in subtle layers to give it shape when you wear it down. but if you dont want to cut it, camouflaging it helps.

congrats on 2 years!

your hair is beautiful! and it look similiar to mines :) i think i found my hair twin :D I cant wait to see my hair when it fully gets to the same length as yours.

niiiiiiiiice hair.

umm I dont see a problem but I see u've got some suggestions, update us if and when u decide to shape it up.

There are salons that do the devachan cut but the main one is based in NY. So perhaps you can ask around and see if anyone can cut hair in it's curly dry state sans brushing it out or anything. as that's the main strong point on the devachan cut. Love the growth.

Happy Nappyversary!! I think your hair looks great, no suggestions on shaping, my hair kinda grows uneven too, but when it's straight just looks like layers.

I didn't slick it back with anything. I'm lucky that it has grown that much that scarfing at night does the job.

I just pulled the hair back into a low pony, flipped the pony up and tucked with 2 bobby pins.

Shape cut - i will definitely do a thread once I've done this.

Ohh okay. My hair kind of looks like that when. I just realised I can enlarge these pics to see it properly, and my hair kind of looks like that when I put it in 4 large canerows at night.
I've noticed you have not shared your reggy or products used :look: I know a few lol.
TemiLnd

Congrats OP!

I know how you feel regarding shaping! I plan to get a deva chan cut this month. I'm in Canada and they have deva trained stylists right here in Toronto. I suggest you go to the deva chan website because they can tell you where there are deva trained stylists in your city. That's how I found mine.

Just out of curiosity, why does it even need to be shaped? Personally, I think it looks fantastic just the way it is. :yep:

However, if you are sure you do want it shaped, my best suggestion is to straighten it, and then maybe just try to even it out a bit.

Sorry if I'm not much help! :spinning:

I just figured it would look more presentable when left out but you ladies make a good point in that I mostly wear my hair in twist outs or mini twists anyway.

Maybe once its full BSL, ill cut it. Who knows.

Congrats OP!

I know how you feel regarding shaping! I plan to get a deva chan cut this month. I'm in Canada and they have deva trained stylists right here in Toronto. I suggest you go to the deva chan website because they can tell you where there are deva trained stylists in your city. That's how I found mine.

I will check out the site - thanks Nixx

My regi is simple as possible.
I do shampoo my hair when I take it out of braids or i use Bentonite clay.
I do a lot of conditioning - overnight, heated, around the house.
I prepoo with oil overnight before a big wash day.
Shea butter !!! I love!! I mix it with different oil depending on my mood.
Styles - braids, mini twists and more resently half wigs.

Back