26 month transition over

VinDieselsWifey

I have been growing out my amino acid treatments since May 2021. With the last treatment I did my hair wouldn’t fully revert back. I was trying to make it to 3 years before I big chopped but I couldn’t take the tangles anymore. I plan to go back to texturizing/texlaxing my hair in another 1-2 years. Once my natural hair gets BSL/MBL it usually gets to be too much for me with the tangles and I always go back to some type of chemical. I think I’m just gonna stick with relaxers.

I have been very consistent with my vitamins & I drink fenugreek tea in my smoothies several times a week. I’m not always consistent with my wash/DC/M&S regimen, but I do usually just keep it twisted/plaited under a wig.

I think I got some really good growth for 2 years.

I cut my hair while it was wet & curly so it’s not even. I’ll try to even it out in time. Different parts of my hair grow faster than the others so some parts are longer.

IMG_1930.jpegIMG_1931.jpegIMG_1932.jpegIMG_1933.jpegIMG_1934.jpeg

Beautiful hair!

Do you have any tips that you believe made your transition successful or may have helped reduce breakage until you were ready to chop? Your progress reminds me of what @Napp is capable of achieving.
Thanks!

I mainly use my fingers to detangle. I use either fresh gel from an aloe leaf or African Pride Moisture Miracle Aloe & Coconut Water Pre-poo to help with detangling. I think the biggest thing for me was always keeping my hair in twists while washing & conditioning and working on one section at a time. I do 4 twists in the front (two on each side) and 6-7 in the back. I also keep those same twists in under my wigs or a hat. So I didn’t dread wash day as much cause my hair was always already sectioned off.
I rarely used heat and my hair was always under a wig or a hat.

@VinDieselsWifey what amino acid straightener did you use? Did you have it professionally done?
I used one from Kenra back in 2019 that really damaged my hair. I bought it on eBay so I wonder if it was fake. I babied my hair for a year and then I used Avlon Texture release in 2020. I really liked this one. I used it once more in 2021. I did them myself. I have my cosmetology license & bought the Avlon from an authorized vendor so I knew it was the real deal.

I was planning on trying the Keratin Complex KCTexture at the end of this year but after watching a video on YouTube about the long term effects of these treatments on Afro textured hair, I think I’ll just go back to texlaxing. I least I know what I’m getting with a relaxer and I know I can still do my henna treatments and use my Ayurvedic products. I was scared to use henna with amino acid treatments cause I didn’t know how it would react.

I wish someone would invent some new technology when it comes to just wanting to loosen your texture.

I used one from Kenra back in 2019 that really damaged my hair. I bought it on eBay so I wonder if it was fake. I babied my hair for a year and then I used Avlon Texture release in 2020. I really liked this one. I used it once more in 2021. I did them myself. I have my cosmetology license & bought the Avlon from an authorized vendor so I knew it was the real deal.

I was planning on trying the Keratin Complex KCTexture at the end of this year but after watching a video on YouTube about the long term effects of these treatments on Afro textured hair, I think I’ll just go back to texlaxing. I least I know what I’m getting with a relaxer and I know I can still do my henna treatments and use my Ayurvedic products. I was scared to use henna with amino acid treatments cause I didn’t know how it would react.

I wish someone would invent some new technology when it comes to just wanting to loosen your texture.
Can you link the video? I just bought the Naked Assuage Thermal Smoothing Complex. I used it years ago and it worked well. Now that I have my cosmetology license I can try it again the right way.

I don’t agree with everything either but I did notice excess shedding a few weeks after I would do a treatment.
Aw man this is just right after I bought the amino acid treatment. I want to put it in but I don’t want the ability to have full twists to go away again. Maybe I’ll save it until I get to your length and reassess if I want to change my texture after all. I will try keeping my hair in twists for wash day. I can’t seem to wash all my hair at once anymore without severe tangles.

I have been growing out my amino acid treatments since May 2021. With the last treatment I did my hair wouldn’t fully revert back. I was trying to make it to 3 years before I big chopped but I couldn’t take the tangles anymore. I plan to go back to texturizing/texlaxing my hair in another 1-2 years. Once my natural hair gets BSL/MBL it usually gets to be too much for me with the tangles and I always go back to some type of chemical. I think I’m just gonna stick with relaxers.

I have been very consistent with my vitamins & I drink fenugreek tea in my smoothies several times a week. I’m not always consistent with my wash/DC/M&S regimen, but I do usually just keep it twisted/plaited under a wig.

I think I got some really good growth for 2 years.

I cut my hair while it was wet & curly so it’s not even. I’ll try to even it out in time. Different parts of my hair grow faster than the others so some parts are longer.

View attachment 490391View attachment 490393View attachment 490395View attachment 490397View attachment 490399
Your hair is beautiful

Back