2014 Steaming in the Moisture

I'm experimenting with steaming in twist. Will steam, then baggy 15 minutes and seal. The worst that can happen is they frizz.

Anyone using a Huetiful steamer found a good way to get the back, besides sitting side ways?

As I watched it yesterday, I think the main issue is that the steam rises as it comes out of the unit, so it doesn't have a chance to hit the back.

Sat under the steamer last night with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. For me sitting under the steamer is much more comfortable once I have some thick new growth. With a fresh relaxer touch up, my head is on fire unless I open the vents of the steamer.

Steamed last week with Trader Joe's Honey, Shea Butter, Coconut oil, a little curl junkie repair me! con dish, and AOHSR. Topped off with avocado oil!

Steaming for 30 minutes with Silk Dreams Shea What Deux, Porosity Control, Manuka Honey, Peppermint, and Rosemary oil.

I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. I just ordered a steamer, so I'm excited to get started once it arrives.

1. How often you will steam? I plan on steaming once a week.
2. What method are you using to steam? I will use my LCL stand up steamer.
3. What products will you steam with? Various conditioners (mostly Oyin or Shescentit) and EVOO.

I've been natural for about 3 years, but my hair hasn't been thriving this past year. It's barely retained any length and the crown/middle has been breaking. Hopefully, steaming will help me get back on track! I'm adding a current length check pic.

Attachments

• Feb2014.jpg
    Feb2014.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 29
Steamed for 30 minutes with Marie Dean's Coffee and Kokum DC, Porosity Control, Avacado, Peppermint, and Rosemary oil.

Steaming with Annabelle's blueberry dc. This is my first time tryin this conditioner so I was torn between using it alone to see how it does or mixing with avocado oil. I ended up mixing because I read somewhere that for maximum steaming benefits an oil should be used.

Do you ladies always steam ur dc's with an oil mixed in?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Steaming with Annabelle's blueberry dc. This is my first time tryin this conditioner so I was torn between using it alone to see how it does or mixing with avocado oil. I ended up mixing because I read somewhere that for maximum steaming benefits an oil should be used.

Do you ladies always steam ur dc's with an oil mixed in?

Rnjones, I heard the same thing about oil and steaming so I *always* use some type of oil when I steam even if I don't use anything else.

Nichelle_jb

Rnjones

No Worries Sis.:kiss: Thanks

I tried it tonight w/Oil. I had some Hydratherma Oil I've been trying to use up, so I added it.

Will continue to do this to use up the Oil and monitor the difference.:yep:

Rnjones No Worries Sis.:kiss: Thanks I tried it tonight w/Oil. I had some Hydratherma Oil I've been trying to use up, so I added it. Will continue to do this to use up the Oil and monitor the difference.:yep:

Lemme know if u feel a major difference. This hair stuff is like working in research!

Steaming a caramel treatment for 30 min. Wanted to leave it in overnight, but it's too drippy so steam it is.

Back