2012 New Year's Trim!! Pics Included

dede1129

So while in Vegas I decided to get my semi annual trim. I have been making good progress with my hair but I definitely had split ends and wanted to start fresh for the new year. I norally never go to the Salon but I wanted a good trim and to even out my hair. She cut more than I expected and so it was bitter sweet. My ends look great now but I miss my length:look:. I was BSL before and now I am not sure what I am. My hair grows in a U shape and instead of leaving it like that she cut it even which took off more length :nono:

The first pic is from November after a fresh Texlax and the second pic is in week 9 of my stretch and freshly blowdried hair.

So my questions are...

-How many inches do you think she cut?

-What length am I now?

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Jan_hair1.jpg
    Jan_hair1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Jan_hair_.jpg
    Jan_hair_.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 178
Looks like 4 inches to me, your hair didn't appear to need that much taken off. On the positive note, you know it will gorw right back and sometimes hair that is all one length feels longer after the trim. Looks good!

she def didn't need to take that much off, but then again, I can't see your ends that clearly.
anyways, it looks good! and you'll gain back the length before you know it.

Stylist are trained to create a baseline and then match everything up to the line. It's why the tend to cut off more than the customer wants. that's also why it is such a nice even cut. but it is definately not a trim. This is the 4th "the stylist took to much" threads I have read this year so far, I am definately staying far away from salons :nono:

At least three inches, I would call that a cut, not a trim. But if it was necessary then it is for the best.

Thanks! You are right I didn't need that much cut off. I am a little discouraged but as long as my hair is healthy I am good. I am curious to see if my hair will grow back evenly or back in a U shape.

Looks like 4 inches to me, your hair didn't appear to need that much taken off. On the positive note, you know it will gorw right back and sometimes hair that is all one length feels longer after the trim. Looks good!

Lesson Learned:nono:

Stylist are trained to create a baseline and then match everything up to the line. It's why the tend to cut off more than the customer wants. that's also why it is such a nice even cut. but it is definately not a trim. This is the 4th "the stylist took to much" threads I have read this year so far, I am definately staying far away from salons :nono:

Back