2010's Must-Read Relationship Books You Need Today!

MissMeWithThatIsh

A lot of us beautiful, literate women on this forum are avid readers. Reading is peaceful, empowering and then some... especially when you can re-absorb what's being given in words.

Name books you feel every woman must read and share why ?

Please include... "type of book and/or subject, author, picture and what have you."

emergence of the sensual woman...saida desilets

mama genas school of womanly arts....regena thomashauer
its one of those books that seems like it would be along the lines of "the rules" or other books that cater to people's ego's but its written in a modern day type of language to catch ur attention, but speaks of evolving yourself into the higher expression of being a woman and in turn getting men to respond to you as you are in that higher self in your being as a woman ...."be" and "attract" ...rather than playin ego games with each other or doing alot of appeasing and "doing" to "get"
also talks about keeping it real about your intentions and admitting what you want and being okay with it no matter what it is vs pretending you are about something else or feeling wrong for being a certain way or wanting a certain thing

Last edited:
5 love language by Gary Chapmen

Talks about the 5 different ways people express and receive love. Knowing what you partner's primary love language is can help you in expressing love towards them.

Surprisingly, I liked Dr. Phil's book "Love smart"

I went to a talk by Kathryn Alice and I just love her optimistic approach to love. Her book is "Love will find you: 9 magnets to bring you and your soul mate together"... a very Law of Attraction approach.

Also if you just want to read some cool love stories check out Arielle Ford "Hot Chocolate For The Mystical Lover: 101 True Stories of Soul Mates Brought Together by Divine Intervention". Some of the stories are so sweet.

i like arielle ford.....and i like alot of the stories she tells....i have an audio book of hers about soulmates...dont think its the 101 true stories but she tells of several stories of how people come together

Surprisingly, I liked Dr. Phil's book "Love smart"

I went to a talk by Kathryn Alice and I just love her optimistic approach to love. Her book is "Love will find you: 9 magnets to bring you and your soul mate together"... a very Law of Attraction approach.

Also if you just want to read some cool love stories check out Arielle Ford "Hot Chocolate For The Mystical Lover: 101 True Stories of Soul Mates Brought Together by Divine Intervention". Some of the stories are so sweet.

just looked that book up and this one line caught my eye

• There is no such thing as rejection, only the wrong fit

I would add to that....also the wrong time lol

i think i may check that book out

^^^ Hope you like it. She is without a doubt the most optimistic "love guru" I've come across. She doesn't believe anything will stop love from coming in to your life if you truly believe it to be your birthright. Plus I met her and she is quite genuine and funny. She's southern so she's got that southern sense of humor.

She used to be a spiritual healer at Micheal Beckwith's church in LA Agape and held a relationship seminar that apparently was quite successful. She met her guy in her 40's and had kids at 45 or 47 I believe!

Here's another one that I'm hearing raves about but I haven't read it.

It's called "Calling in the one: 7 weeks to attract the love of your life"...one of the few where amazon reviewers are actually reporting that it works!

The Art of Seduction By Robert Greene same author who wrote The 40 Laws of Power (also an excellent read)

Very insightful and entertaining read. Details how different types of seduction work, types of seducers, people who can/can not be seduced, advantages/consequences of each type. Explores the real seductions from history Julius Caesar by Cleopatra to King Henry VIII by Anne Boleyn to Marliyn Monroe and J.F. Kennedy. Has some great advice and lessons from the greatest known seducers in history male/female and you learn so much history at the same time. Felt like a smarty pants after I finished reading it. Hmmm gonna have to read it again.

Last edited:
^^^ Hope you like it. She is without a doubt the most optimistic "love guru" I've come across. She doesn't believe anything will stop love from coming in to your life if you truly believe it to be your birthright. Plus I met her and she is quite genuine and funny. She's southern so she's got that southern sense of humor.

She used to be a spiritual healer at Micheal Beckwith's church in LA Agape and held a relationship seminar that apparently was quite successful. She met her guy in her 40's and had kids at 45 or 47 I believe!

i browsed her book at borders...really good book...probably one of the best types of relationship books i have read....very open, very real and real talk on the self love section....she makes alot of good points and covers all different types of things relating to dating and love and makes all of them okay....really good read...i didnt buy it because it resonated so much i could of wrote it myself....:)

Here's another one that I'm hearing raves about but I haven't read it.

It's called "Calling in the one: 7 weeks to attract the love of your life"...one of the few where amazon reviewers are actually reporting that it works!

That's ironic. I JUST pulled this book out of one of my boxes today.
I know a lot of the ladies on here were giving it good reviews (that's actually why I bought it).

I have to start reading it.

Back