2006 Progress

shalom

Some of you might remember me telling about how in May of 2005, I was pressing my hair and burned out the center and whole left side, it burned down to the scalp. In January of this year I cut my hair to armpit length bought a wig and called it a day.........I did this because that gapping hole was driving me crazy. I'm still a little thin on the left side hopefully things will continue to improve.

Thank you ladies for all of your hair care support.:):):)

Here is my progress for 2006. Click on thumbnail to enlarge picture. :p

Attachments

• 000_0036.jpg
    000_0036.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 000_0037.jpg
    000_0037.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 140
WHOA!!! Did you say you cut your hair to armpit length in January?! You're at mid back now...wow! Your hair is sooooooooooooooo full. What did you use as a regimine while growing your hair back out? I would LOVE to know.

Thank you ladies for the compliments.:D My hair growing has been a very long and patient journey. No hair goals here just healthy hair. Not striving for waistlength, not sure what I would do with it if it was that long.:confused:

Rootdeep - I don't have any special hair care secret other than just leave your hair alone. Earlier this year Kitchentician one of my hair idols stated that she wouldn't be using any growth potions on her hair because she wasn't sure of the negative side effects in this same thread she was showing everyone the wig she had made.

To shorten the story I had already cut my hair and was wearing it in a small bun with a phony ponytail I went out bought myself a wig after seeing Kit's of course. I got one of those ones that look like a jerry curl I chose this one because it matched my natural hair texture and the rest is history. I have worn that wig everyday since the beginning of the year the only exception was during September and for 2 weeks only hince, the pictures. I had a professional event to attend and just wanted to look a little better. Currently, I am still in my piece of hair not the same wig but wearing the same style I have actually purchase 3 of the same style wigs. I won't lie I do not wash my hair everyday or week I wash it when I feel like it, which is usually every 2 weeks. I did jump on the MSM bandwagon but didn't stay there for long maybe 3 months and that was it. I did experience a lot of hairloss about a month after I stopped taking the MSM. I have use all kinds of shampoos and conditioners mostly whatever somebody on here is using or whatever the IT product at the time is, but I never really stick to any of them long I have the tendency to fav VO5 products and that's it. I hope this helps. Oh I just maDe a concotion for strengthening that hair not sure if it works though I wouldn't suggest you try it give me a few more weeks with it and I'll let you know if it works.

HAPPY HAIR GROWING LADIES.:):):)

Last edited:
shalom said:
Some of you might remember me telling about how in May of 2005, I was pressing my hair and burned out the center and whole left side, it burned down to the scalp. In January of this year I cut my hair to armpit length bought a wig and called it a day.........I did this because that gapping hole was driving me crazy. I'm still a little thin on the left side hopefully things will continue to improve.

Thank you ladies for all of your hair care support.:):):)

Here is my progress for 2006. Click on thumbnail to enlarge picture. :p

OMG...I luv your hair:)

For those of you who I haven't gotten a chance to thank for you compliments I just wanted to drop in and say thank you.

Thank you for the reply. Minus my vitamins that I LOVE I keep my regimine simple. I only wash bi weekly and dont intend on changing that. I believe my hair did a GREAT transformation when I was in my falls and oiling my hair and taking my horsetail. I'm SO THANKFUL that my hair is finally in a HEALTHY state. I love when my hair is down and blowing in the wind and people stop to tell me how healthy it looks. Okay Im getting carried away but I will agree leaving your hair alone sure does make a difference.

shalom said:
Thank you ladies for the compliments.:D My hair growing has been a very long and patient journey. No hair goals here just healthy hair. Not striving for waistlength, not sure what I would do with it if it was that long.:confused:

Rootdeep - I don't have any special hair care secret other than just leave your hair alone. Earlier this year Kitchentician one of my hair idols stated that she wouldn't be using any growth potions on her hair because she wasn't sure of the negative side effects in this same thread she was showing everyone the wig she had made.

To shorten the story I had already cut my hair and was wearing it in a small bun with a phony ponytail I went out bought myself a wig after seeing Kit's of course. I got one of those ones that look like a jerry curl I chose this one because it matched my natural hair texture and the rest is history. I have worn that wig everyday since the beginning of the year the only exception was during September and for 2 weeks only hince, the pictures. I had a professional event to attend and just wanted to look a little better. Currently, I am still in my piece of hair not the same wig but wearing the same style I have actually purchase 3 of the same style wigs. I won't lie I do not wash my hair everyday or week I wash it when I feel like it, which is usually every 2 weeks. I did jump on the MSM bandwagon but didn't stay there for long maybe 3 months and that was it. I did experience a lot of hairloss about a month after I stopped taking the MSM. I have use all kinds of shampoos and conditioners mostly whatever somebody on here is using or whatever the IT product at the time is, but I never really stick to any of them long I have the tendency to fav VO5 products and that's it. I hope this helps. Oh I just maDe a concotion for strengthening that hair not sure if it works though I wouldn't suggest you try it give me a few more weeks with it and I'll let you know if it works.

HAPPY HAIR GROWING LADIES.:):):)

Back