2005 May

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
(1) What is your hair care regimen?

For the most part it’s pretty simple, but my hair is relaxed and color-treated, so that means lots of TLC. I self relax with Affirm Lye Mild every 12-14 weeks, Shampoo every 2 weeks and Trim 2-3x per year or as needed. I apply a protein treatment 2x per month and a hot oil treatment 2x per month.

I lightly scratch my scalp with a fine toothed comb to lift scalp debris and oils, before every shampoo. I shampoo and detangle in the shower, with my Jilbere shower comb. I never towel dry my hair, to avoid extra manipulation. I lightly squeeze and apply IC Fantasia's Leave-In Moisturizer w/Aloe and Wildgrowth Oil lightly throughout scalp & hair. I partially air-dry and then blow dry hair with a blow-drying brush and handheld blow-dryer to straighten. This method is similar to how many Dominican salons blow-dry hair.

I admit, I’m a “grease lover”, so I lightly apply Blue Magic grease to my scalp/hair. The grease helps manage my newgrowth, combat breakage and gives super shine. Next, I will either wrap my hair in a satin scarf overnight or I will hot curl and roll my hair with Hype Hair’s Satin sponge rollers, to lock in the curl. It’s curly for the first week, and then my curls fall & straighten out on the next week. I wear my hair in a loose bun with a satin/silk scarf at night.

**I put away the rollers, hot curlers, blow-dryer & grease and I don’t see them again for another 2 weeks. I continue to use Wildgrowth oil every 3/4 days if needed.

I wear my hair in other various styles, such as rollersets, braidouts, buns and flat ironed, but this is my signature style, that never fails.

I rotate between the following products:

Kera Care Hydrating detangling shampoo, Kera Care 1st Lather shampoo, Cream of Nature Professional shampoo for colored treated hair, Kera Care Humecto Conditioner, L’Oreal Feria Moisturizing Conditioner, ION’s Effective Care protein treatment, I.C. Fantasia’s Reconstructor, Affirm 5 n 1 Reconstructor, Nexxus Emergencee, Paul Mitchell’s Foaming pomade, IC Fantasia’s Moisturizing Leave In with Aloe, Wildgrowth Hair Oil and Blue Magic Grease.

(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?

Multivitamin and Flax seed oil

(3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is your hair type?

My hair currently measures 24½” inches from my hair line to the end of my “V”. My hair is layered and highlighted a golden coppery brown. My hair is a mix of 3C and 4A. My newgrowth air-dries wavy and spirally.

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

There are so many, it’s hard to choose. I think ALL of the following have helped greatly.

*Stretching relaxers
*Limited heat (every 2 weeks only)
*Professional products
*Deep conditioning after EVERY shampoo
*Minimal manipulation
*Oil and grease (seals my cuticles & ends)
*Hot oil treatments
*Protein treatments
*Satin scarf and pillow case EVERY night
*Healthy diet

I realize that my regimen may not be for everyone, but I’ve achieved great success with many old school methods and from all of the great advice from my LHCF family. Much success and growth!!!

Back