2005 February

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
(1) What is your hair care regimen?

I actually have two regimens and they are both very simple. My hair is texturized, so during the Summer months I rinse my hair daily, conditioner wash three or four times a week and shampoo once a month. I use V05 conditioners: Strawberries & Cream to wash and Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner to clarify. (I sometimes use an apple cider vinegar rinse if I have buildup). I apply an ionic liquid leave-in conditioner, then seal my strands with safflower or coconut oil when it's damp and this maintains the moisture until my next wash. I wear my hair curly all over or in a loose, low ponytail. My strands are very fine and fragile so I don't wear a lot of protective styles because it causes breakage for me.

During the winter, I alternate each week between a conditioner wash and a moisturizing shampoo . It is very important to use a moisturizing shampoo because I live in a climate that is cold and frigid during this season. I always apply a deep conditioner followed by an ACV rinse (4 oz vinegar w/28 oz water), then apply Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in Foam and NTM Healing Shine Serum to seal in the moisture. I don't wear my hair wet at all during this time and rollerset once a week. I use Motions Oil Moisturizer Relaxer in mild. This is a lye relaxer. I touch up my roots every 12 weeks.

My main staples are: Nexxus Therapee Shampoo, Nexxus Humectress Conditioner, Suave 2-Minute Recovery Conditioner, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner, Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner, NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask, NTM Daily Deep Conditioner, NTM Cream Lather Shampoo and TRESemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo.

(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?

Yes I do take supplements. I currently take a multi vitamin, Biotin (5mg), B-Complex, MSM and an iron capsule. I just added zinc and copper, but I will eventually narrow it all down to a One-A-Day tablet so that I'm not gulping down so many pills.

(3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is your hair type?

My hair length is 21 inches from hairline to ends. My hair type is mostly 3c all over and 3b in the back and on the sides.

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

Spacing my touch-ups, moisturizing shampoos/conditioners, little manipulation, flat ironing my roots only and sealing my ends with a light oil. I also owe a big thanks to all the ladies at the LHCF for their valuable advice and support!

Back