2004 November

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
What is your hair care regimen?

Currently I wash my hair once a week. I rotate between shampoos and conditioners, so I use something different each time but try to consistently alternate between protein and moisture each week. I sometimes deep condition with heat depending on the state of my hair at the time. If it feels tangly, brittle or dry then I most likely will deep condition with heat.

I do a lot of exercising and I can't stand a sweaty head, so I do a conditioner wash normally 3 times a week, sometimes more. For those I use cheapie conditioners like vo5 strawberries and cream, nourishing oasis, suave milk and honey or coconut. I always shower detangle with the water running over the hair (huge help with detangling).

My normal styles are braidouts or a wrap if I 'm looking for straight. I am trying to rollerset more to avoid heat. I am guilty of the flat iron. To moisturize during the week, I usually section off and apply ors carrot oil to each section and carrot oil/evoo mix to the ends to keep them from being brittle. For a braidout I spray with evoo/distilled water/leave in mixture or just a leave in or water and replait if I plan to wear it again. Some of the shampoos and conditioners I rotate between are:

* Neutrogena TM poo
* Motions Lavish Conditioning
* Suave Clarifying
* Motions Cpr Shampoo
* Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing poo
* Aphogee Evening Primrose Poo
* Neutrogena TM daily deep conditioner
* NTM masque
* Elasta QP Intense Fortifying
* Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor
* Qp Breakage Control serum
* Rx Prescription Protein Pac
* Motions Silk Protein
* Motions Moisture Plus

What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

What I think has helped with achieving and maintaining growth has been limiting the amount of heat I use and keeping strictly to my regimen. I make sure my hair is moisturized morning and night and sleep in a satin scarf or bonnet. Consistency has truly been the key for me. Just keep going even when you don't feel like it or even when you believe you aren't getting any results, and you are sure to reap the benefits as so many of these lovely ladies have.

Do you take any supplements, if so what are they?

I had been religiously taking 3 mg of biotin for a good 4 months along with a multivitamin, but lately I've been struggling to keep that up. Right now I'm lucky to remember the multi.

Currently how long is your hair, and what is your hair type?

My hair is 24 inches long and my hair type is 3b/c. Before I started relaxing my hair it looked just like a big jheri curl.

Back