2004 June

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
What is your hair care regimen?

I mostly CW (conditioner wash) my hair, usually about every week or two. More often than not, its every two weeks. I always use Motions CPR for every conditioner wash that I do, and sometimes Queene Helene Cholesterol (usually with Olive oil added) or IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer and sometimes Motions Silk Protein. I always leave them in overnight as well (except for with the Silk protein).

I have been experimenting with some new conditioners lately and I have found a couple that I like so far (Redken Butter Treat and All Soft Heavy cream) that I think I will continue to use. But for years now, I have stuck with just the CPR, IC and Cholesterol. I only use shampoo on an as needed basis, which is only when I really feel I need it.

When I do shampoo, I use Motions Lavish conditioning Shampoo. I use alot of natural oils and butters, and mix up alot of my own hair dressings and pomades with them. I use Shea Butter and oil, Avocado Butter and oil, Cocoa Butter, Mango butter, Aloe Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil etc. I haven’t touched grease since discovering all of these oils and butters.

I mostly wear my hair in a pony tail or bun (simple, easy, and neat) with it very moisturized with the various oils and butters every day and I use light applications of a watery type leave in, like African Pride or Allways 911 on my edges and ends. I used to soak my hair in the watery leave ins every day, but have since found that it actually makes my hair less manageable to wet it that much every day.

I use a K Cutter comb to detangle my hair only while it is very moisturized. Sometimes I use a creamy type leave in to slick my hair back, like Elasta QP Mango Butter or Recovery, and both of them work great. I also press my hair occasionally, sometimes that might be every two months or even longer in between presses, it just depends. When I do press, I usually wear it that way for a week or two and I deep condition very good before and after the press.

I keep my hair constantly moisturized while its pressed with light applications of oils and IC hair gloss (serum) and/or Aveda Emollient. I Press my hair with Ultra Sheen Satin Creme Press Lotion (which is now discontinued) that I have a little stash of. I recently tried Redken Heat Glide and it worked pretty good too, but I'm still looking for that perfect pressing product now that the Satin Creme press lotion has been discontinued. I basically only dust my ends whenever I press my hair.

Do you take any supplements, if so what are they?

I take a multi:
* B complex 100,
* Vitamin C 2000-3000mg,
* Vitamin E 400mg,
* Calcium/magnesium 1000/400gm,
* Flax seed oil 2tbs,
* Amino Fuel (protein) 2tbs and
* Garlic capsules

every day

I just recently started taking pantothenic acid 500mg, Silica, and biotin 300mcg every day again due to the posts and suggestions about them on LHCF. I think they have helped me achieve a little more growth recently.

What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

In all honesty, for me it was not relaxing anymore. I never achieved any length while I had a relaxer. My hair was always breaking off no matter what I did or tried. Once I stopped, the breakage stopped so that I could then achieve and retain length. That and keeping it constantly moisturized, and well conditioned, along with careful detangling, as well as making sure I keep my hair in its natural state more often than I have it in a pressed state, along with a good vitamin regimen has allowed me to achieve and maintain my length.

Currently how long is your hair, and what is your hair type?

My hair is now a couple, or a few inches past my bra strap. I think I am 3b or C (or at least that’s what others have said)

Attachments

• irresistable.jpg
    irresistable.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 97
  • irresistable2.jpg
    irresistable2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
:lol: Do you use a leave in.
dimopoulos said:
What is your hair care regimen?

I mostly CW (conditioner wash) my hair, usually about every week or two. More often than not, its every two weeks. I always use Motions CPR for every conditioner wash that I do, and sometimes Queene Helene Cholesterol (usually with Olive oil added) or IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer and sometimes Motions Silk Protein. I always leave them in overnight as well (except for with the Silk protein).

I have been experimenting with some new conditioners lately and I have found a couple that I like so far (Redken Butter Treat and All Soft Heavy cream) that I think I will continue to use. But for years now, I have stuck with just the CPR, IC and Cholesterol. I only use shampoo on an as needed basis, which is only when I really feel I need it.

When I do shampoo, I use Motions Lavish conditioning Shampoo. I use alot of natural oils and butters, and mix up alot of my own hair dressings and pomades with them. I use Shea Butter and oil, Avocado Butter and oil, Cocoa Butter, Mango butter, Aloe Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil etc. I haven?t touched grease since discovering all of these oils and butters.

I mostly wear my hair in a pony tail or bun (simple, easy, and neat) with it very moisturized with the various oils and butters every day and I use light applications of a watery type leave in, like African Pride or Allways 911 on my edges and ends. I used to soak my hair in the watery leave ins every day, but have since found that it actually makes my hair less manageable to wet it that much every day.

I use a K Cutter comb to detangle my hair only while it is very moisturized. Sometimes I use a creamy type leave in to slick my hair back, like Elasta QP Mango Butter or Recovery, and both of them work great. I also press my hair occasionally, sometimes that might be every two months or even longer in between presses, it just depends. When I do press, I usually wear it that way for a week or two and I deep condition very good before and after the press.

I keep my hair constantly moisturized while its pressed with light applications of oils and IC hair gloss (serum) and/or Aveda Emollient. I Press my hair with Ultra Sheen Satin Creme Press Lotion (which is now discontinued) that I have a little stash of. I recently tried Redken Heat Glide and it worked pretty good too, but I'm still looking for that perfect pressing product now that the Satin Creme press lotion has been discontinued. I basically only dust my ends whenever I press my hair.

Do you take any supplements, if so what are they?

I take a multi:
* B complex 100,
* Vitamin C 2000-3000mg,
* Vitamin E 400mg,
* Calcium/magnesium 1000/400gm,
* Flax seed oil 2tbs,
* Amino Fuel (protein) 2tbs and
* Garlic capsules

every day

I just recently started taking pantothenic acid 500mg, Silica, and biotin 300mcg every day again due to the posts and suggestions about them on LHCF. I think they have helped me achieve a little more growth recently.

What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

In all honesty, for me it was not relaxing anymore. I never achieved any length while I had a relaxer. My hair was always breaking off no matter what I did or tried. Once I stopped, the breakage stopped so that I could then achieve and retain length. That and keeping it constantly moisturized, and well conditioned, along with careful detangling, as well as making sure I keep my hair in its natural state more often than I have it in a pressed state, along with a good vitamin regimen has allowed me to achieve and maintain my length.

Currently how long is your hair, and what is your hair type?

My hair is now a couple, or a few inches past my bra strap. I think I am 3b or C (or at least that?s what others have said)

Back