20 weeks post touchup, how can I save more strands

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Hi ladies,
Do you recommend washing twice a week as I have being doing or once a week to reduce breakage. I'm growing out my edges and 10 weeks ago when I touched up, I kept my edges and the surrounding hair relaxer free. I intend to stay away from relaxers until my edges are healthy again. If anyone has ever done this or is doing it with success please respond or pm me with your regimen.
Much obliged.
Peace!

Re: 20 weeks post touchup, how can I save more str

My recommendations are to wash once per week, use a ton of conditioner (that lil' dime-size or quarter-size amount is not gonna get it!), and use a moisturizing product, such as curl activator, or any other moisturizing product that's proven to work for your hair).

From my personal experiences, the more you wash at this point = the more tangled your hair will become = the more you'll have to manipulate it = more breakage, so less = more!
brainy.gif

Please be very careful, and you may want to use heat to straighten out your roots.

Thanks Supergirl, Sweetpea and Dontspeakdefeat. I'll have to change my regimen to washing only on Sundays from now on. I do load on the elasta DPR 11 moisturizer and I follow Robin's method in washing and combing. However, the breakage always astonishes me. I tried aphogee's 2 minute reconstructor and it didn't work for me. I'm going to get another protein conditioner.
Thanks again for the concern. Lord knows, I need these edges to grow.

I agree with the others but I used the Aphogee treatment for damaged hair when I was 20 weeks post. Helped a whole lot. That and constant use of moisturizing and detangling shampoos.

I agree about only washing once or twice a week. Washing my hair makes me so tired that I end up napping afterwards....the conditioning and detangling...lots of hard work when you're treating your hair like 100 year old lace!

Back