$20 hair colour at Aveda!

AfroKink

So I went out shopping today with no luck. I was on my way home because my shoes were killing me when I passed 2 people from Aveda talking about $10 cuts and $20 hair colour. I went into the salon to find out that this deal is on today only for earth day. Now I got Aveda highlights about 2 years ago and they cost about $100. Aveda charges by length and I think texture. My hair is twice as long and the texture is still 4b. $$$ was the main reason I never got them again. But my pocket can handle $20. My appointment is in 25 mins. I'll post before and after shots :yep:

Lys

Here are the before shots. My hair is in a twist out, and it's naturally a dark red/brown colour. You might be able to see bits of highlights on the ends from two years ago.

Lys

Attachments

• STA72157.JPG
    STA72157.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 24
  • STA72158.JPG
    STA72158.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 23
  • STA72159.jpg
    STA72159.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 21
  • STA72160.jpg
    STA72160.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 80
Cool, that must have been a treat! There's an Aveda salon just down the street from me. Maybe I should go in for a cut! The last time I went in there, though, they were just heat straightening hair, so I don't know if they know what to do with natural hair. But they dyed yours well before, right? that's why you're going back. Hmm, can't wait to see the after pics. Let us know if they have any other specials (you know, like discounted products. :) )

Last edited:
Since I went with a twist out, they seperated the clumps into two and dyed half of the clump. It was a student that did my hair, but his teacher seemed to know about natural afro hair. I think the results a best compared to a wash n go I did a couple weeks ago.
Pic 1: 2 weeks ago
Pic 2: now

I was hoping their products would be on sale, but they weren't:ohwell:

Lys

Attachments

• STA72139.jpg
    STA72139.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,473
  • STA72169.jpg
    STA72169.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,338
Amazing what spice color can add. I absolutely love the after shot:yep:

Looks stunning..Hope you keep it up cuz it definitely looks worth it..

ENJOY LADY

I really like your hair color--very pretty. Aveda is opening an institute in SF (finally). I might go there to get my color, especially after seeing yours done on natural hair.

Back