2 Yrs Natural and LOVIN every minuet of it!!!! Super pic heavy!

sunnysmyler

Ladies, this is my absolute first post with pictures and I am so excited, I'm sorry the first set were so big, but I've resized them and now they look like they should. I have so many more pics and now that I know how to post pics, look out! Imma be a postin fool!:lachen:

168a1s5.jpg
So this is where I started 03/30/09 Fresh after my BC headed to a Funeral

1z4d9op.jpg
This was 2 days later on my birthday going out to dinner, I was starting to feel more confident about my bc :grin:

2q2n8tw.jpg
This was a few weeks later

e0ojmo.jpg
My first "professional" hair style, it was a Hot Mess, so spacey and my puff felt like a brillo pad. When I did my own hair, with the products I was learning about on this site my hair was so soft. They used JAM, I mean really, Jam. It was then I vowed to learn to do my own hair

3464vub.jpg
Another view of the brillo pad do! :lachen: I took that mess down quick!

f084yt.jpg
One of my first set of self done twist, I was so proud of myself, they were so pitiful, :lol:

1zvsays.jpg
Feeling overwhelmed, I tried another "professional" to twist my hair. They left a lot to be desired. She blow dried my hair pretty straight after I asked her not to. I had to wet them to make them fat like I envisioned.:look:

kf2rmr.jpg
Up close of the twist

qs2tlg.jpg
Tried yet another "professional" for my 1st yr naturalversary and this one I actually liked, even though she used gel for the twist. I find that when you use gel, as they dry and get crunchy, they unravel.

bgvhi1.jpg
The other side of the 1 yr do!

2nqtxte.jpg
The back.

34snn2a.jpg
One of my first twist out that came out really nice, 05/2010

2gyd0ef.jpg
Wash'n Go that turned out pretty good (I hate that my hair looks like a jheri curl when I try to do w&g's)

2py17di.jpg
I finally found someone to go to when I need a really neat style, here is my hair for my sister's wedding, all tiny twist in pin curls. it was so pretty, I received so many compliments.

11viq1g.jpg
The front

28grrqt.jpg
My daughter and I at the wedding, she's on this hhj with me, she's rocking a twist out bangs on a twist out pony tail.

2wp1jwg.jpg
Me and my 90yr g'ma

2isbkt3.jpg
Twist out Feb 2011

5xv9l1.jpg
Hair today 03/29/2011 Twist out

2dq812.jpg
Hair today 03/29/2011 Very pitiful length check :lachen:

Last edited:
Very nice progress !! I especially like the Feb. twist out. I'm still workin' on perfecting my twist outs...

Happy Growing !!!

Thanks for sharing your journey! I love that picture of you and your daughter! She looks just like you and the hair styles you two have a really nice. Grandma is looking great!

OP, you have some nerve approaching APL after 2 years. :rolleyes: Who do you think you are Speedy Gonzales Growing Hair Lady? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, awesome progress. :notworthy and you do look like you're having a blast every step of your HHJ. :yep: So darling that your daughter is enjoying the ride too; she looks like she's having a blast as well. My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard looking at the pics.

OP, you have some nerve approaching APL after 2 years. :rolleyes: Who do you think you are Speedy Gonzales Growing Hair Lady? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, awesome progress. :notworthy and you do look like you're having a blast every step of your HHJ. :yep: So darling that your daughter is enjoying the ride too; she looks like she's having a blast as well. My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard looking at the pics.

Aww shucks Nonie for that wonderful compliment, cause I sure feel like I'm making very slow progress. SN: My daughter's pet name is Noonie, so I love your screen name :yep:

She's a true tween and she doesn't really appreciate all my hard work. She says she's going to perm it cause I told her I won't be investing any of my money in a relaxer (and my mother's a hairstylist). Nope, plus my mommy wouldn't do it anyways :nono: I'm stressing to her that she should wait until she's out of college and has the money to maintain it to keep it as healthy as possible. I let my mom flat iron it from time to time for her, she could care less about "heat damage" :ohwell:

Also, I had a hysterectomy in June of 2008 and everything grows slow on me now, even my nails! I feel like I'm in mid-life crisis, :spinning:

Wonderful progress....love ur smile, seems like u were having fun with it. Congrats on your journey

Aww shucks @Nonie for that wonderful compliment, cause I sure feel like I'm making very slow progress. SN: My daughter's pet name is Noonie, so I love your screen name :yep:

She's a true tween and she doesn't really appreciate all my hard work. She says she's going to perm it cause I told her I won't be investing any of my money in a relaxer (and my mother's a hairstylist). Nope, plus my mommy wouldn't do it anyways :nono: I'm stressing to her that she should wait until she's out of college and has the money to maintain it to keep it as healthy as possible. I let my mom flat iron it from time to time for her, she could care less about "heat damage" :ohwell:

Also, I had a hysterectomy in June of 2008 and everything grows slow on me now, even my nails! I feel like I'm in mid-life crisis, :spinning:

Girl, you are doing so well. If you see the threads on 2 year progress pics, most folks were at SL at 2 years--including me! And if it's any consolation, a lot of the people with hair most would kill for coz it's long and healthy looking are the ones who claimed the slowest growth rate. And like I've told folks, when you reach your goal, all people see is the long hair. How long it takes to get there doesn't really matter--although they may ask out of curiosity. It's like when someone wins an Oscar, that it took years to finally get recognized doesn't matter. That they got recognized at all is all that matters the night they take the stand to accept the golden dude. And that you're enjoying the journey is most important of all. Coz each stage is soon gone and it'd be a shame not to enjoy it. You're a good example for your daughter, who is getting to that stage where she swears she knows more than you do. :look:

Girl, you are doing so well. If you see the threads on 2 year progress pics, most folks were at SL at 2 years--including me! And if it's any consolation, a lot of the people with hair most would kill for coz it's long and healthy looking are the ones who claimed the slowest growth rate. And like I've told folks, when you reach your goal, all people see is the long hair. How long it takes to get there doesn't really matter--although they may ask out of curiosity. It's like when someone wins an Oscar, that it took years to finally get recognized doesn't matter. That they got recognized at all is all that matters the night they take the stand to accept the golden dude. And that you're enjoying the journey is most important of all. Coz each stage is soon gone and it'd be a shame not to enjoy it. You're a good example for your daughter, who is getting to that stage where she swears she knows more than you do. :look:

Don't you know it, she say's I'm going to cause our hair to fall out with all the oils and aloe juice I use, ms smarty pants. :lachen:

Thanks again for the encouragement, you are so right!

I love it!!! You look so happy!!! Loving your hair especially the 03/29/11 twist out! Can't wait until I have enough hair to do this. Keep up the good work!

:congrats: on being 2 years with natural hair! Nice styles you have created! It's good to hear that you are lovin' it!

OOOOHHHH! Lovely pics and great progress. I have yet to be brave enough to allow someone to style my hair other than do a weave for me. Even though you didn't like those styles they look great based on the pics but I know how it is.

Please feel free to share more pics at any time!!!

Back