2 year update!! bc-apl-getting close to bsl

keepithealthy

So it's been two years for me since I've been natural. I've learned a great deal about my hair during this time. I am very happy with the progress I've made thus far and wanted to share. :)

(sorry for big pics I tried to make them smaller on Photobucket but it didn't work)

I bc'd in June 2009

July 2009
100_3512.jpg

Feb 2010
IMG000535.jpg

August 2010
0828102.jpg

December 2010
1219102.jpg

March lenght check 2011
IMG01005-20110315-1206.jpg

March braid out on old straight hair 2011
BraidOut.jpg

April Twist 2011
Minitwist-1-1.jpg

May (I think) straight hair in a bun 2011
fotki_008.jpg

May 2011lenght check Sides
ebony_015.jpg

May 2011length check back
ebony_012.jpg

June 2011 My hair that has been freshly washed and air dryed in 8 big twists with a shea butter mix I made. The ends sealed with Elast QP olive & mango butter moisturizer. Then I take it out when it is almost dry and go.

Side
ebony_019.jpg

Back
ebony_020.jpg

Front
ebony_016.jpg

Wow!!! Amazing progress. Total inspires all of us new and not so new naturals. Now you KNOW we need your reggie!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Wow!!! Amazing progress. Total inspires all of us new and not so new naturals. Now you KNOW we need your reggie!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

NikkiQ

I don't have a real reggie yet because I had to change as my hair grew.
But basically

Warm Weather
Co wash 1-3x's a week
DC 1-2x's a week alternating between protein and moisture
(Just added) Scalp massage 3x's a week (Peppermint, Rosemary, Vit E, Castor Oil Mix)
Clarify at least 1x a month (Suave or V05 Clarifying Shampoo)
Wash with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo 1x a week
Will be wearing wng's and buns in the summer. No heat

Cold Weather
I usually alternate between twists and straight hair in the winter.
I usually leave my hair straight for two weeks then wash and wear twists for 3 weeks. Then I may bun for a week and press again. I don't have a real schedule it's how I feel and what I have time for. I try to wash and DC my hair every week or every other week when wearing straight, during the winter.

Oh and I also trim my hair every 3 months. I only trim about .25 of an inch. I haven't had any real breakage or splits. I did have a mini battle with ssk :angry2: But I've found that keeping my hair moisturized, stretching my hair, sealing my ends and air drying in twists has dramatically reduced them.

Hope that helps :)

Back