2 weeks into my journey and I see progress

regina07

2 weeks ago I came back to this forum to figure out why my hair was a dry, brittle mass of semi-formed waves/curls. Today, during my weekly wash and condition, I had minimal shedding and 1 split end break.:yep:

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

My story: 2008 I went from APL to EL. 2009 I found the Tightly Curly method and followed it faithfully until last summer. Then I realized that my hair doesn't like the Denman, dried out from the conditioners I left in, and doesn't like being out and curly 24/7.

My big mistake was finding out that my hair was MBL straight --- I was so busy enjoying my length, I stopped putting it up at night.:nono: Come Feb 2011 and my hair was still MBL but dry, brittle, breaking and sheddiing. I started intense protein treatments and putting African Hot Six Oil on it daily. It felt greasy but still dry.

To top it off, I started randomly cutting 1.5-2" off a month from Feb - June to get rid of the nasty ends and 'encourage' growth. Finally I had an AHA moment -- if I was coloring my hair every 6 weeks to cover the 1-1.5" of grey, then I didn't have a growth problem! I have a retention problem. That brought me back to LHCF. Within 2 days of reading thread after thread, I realized my problem is lack of moisture.

I've been following my new reggie for 2 weeks and my hair is a different head of hair --- it's soft, silky and springy.

My long-term goal is WL unstretched by Dec 2012, WL stretched by Mar 2012 (my 50th birthday). Before this forum and all the gorgeous heads of hair, I had accepted BSL/MBL as my hair's best length as an adult.

Here's my starting photo. My hair grows inverted U -- the sides grow faster than the back. Oh well.

Glad to be a part of this forum.

Attachments

• Hair jul 7 11.bmp
    99.9 KB · Views: 109
Congrats! I hope you reach your goals. I believe you can see progress like this in such a short time. When I started lurking within a week of me moisturizing and putting my hair in a cap at night I already saw improvement. Its amazing what moisture can do for hair!

Congrats on the realizations and on your journey to healthy long hair. What's your new reggie?

Congratulations on your progress! If you don't mind, what is your regime?

Thanks for the welcome!

My new reggie -
daily - Morning I mist with a distilled water/glycerine mix, seal with jojoba oil and put into a bun/french twist. I repeat this at night but seal with argan oil before wrapping it in a silk scarf. Every 4th nite, I bag the ends.

weekly - deep condition with joico kpak deep penetrating reconstructor and joice kpad intense hydrator for 30 min. Co-wash with Aussie Moist and condition with Roux 233 Mendex.

I put on Giovanni Weightless Leave-in, seal the ends with jojoba and twist before letting it air dry. Then I bun or french twist.

This is simple enough for me to keep up because I am lazy -- I admit it.

My next check-in will be Oct 1 so I hope to see good growth!

Back