2 questions ladies-help a newbie out lol

Liberianmami26

1. Hi if any one has any tips for airdrying 2months post relaxed hair its getting harder as I transition but i am just trying to reduce breakage mostly of the relaxed hair.

2. Where can I get that elasta qp mango butter I have searched from target to sally's and some bss can't find it and it's not helping you guys keep talking bout it :lachen:so just help a sista out lol:grin:

my reggie which is not completely formed yet but this is what i do

shampoo and deep condish 1x a week w/ nexxus products
leave in and moisturize during the week with ors moisturizing lotion the one in the bottle yeah I'm trying to create a real reggie so take pity on me lol.

welcome!!!

im not an expert but i've transitioned for about 11 months now. breakage should lessen if you stay out of it. how do you wear your hair on a day to day basis? it also help if you find a balance between moisuture and protien. you have to learn to listen to hair. its smarter than what you think it is. if its asking for moisture (i.e. dry, brittle, etc...) give it moisture. if its asking for protien ( i.e. breakage, shedding, etc...) give it up girl. but its definitely a learning process. just stick it out. you'll get to your goals soon enough.:yep:

I have only seen Elasta Mango Butter at the bigger BSS. I also agree w/^^^ get yourself moisture and protein items like poos, cons, leave-in.

Last edited:
I wear my hair pulled back in a bun, and i thought it was bad to overload on protein cuz i did a treatment like 3 weeks ago, and my sallys didnt have it (mango butter) i guess i need to start shopping online for hair products so reputable site suggestion would be nice too thanx

I'm no expert. Still learning. But what helped me stretch 11 weeks was CAREFUL detangling. I spent 30 to 40 minutes detangling my hair on those wash days weeks 9-11 of my stretch. I detangled with my fingers only. Then straight back in a bun, for low mani, as the more you manipulate when you have the healthy newgrowth, vs. relaxed ends, and the line of demarcation, the more likely your hair is to snap. I ALSO DEEP CONDITIONED TWICE A WEEK FOR AN HOUR OR TWO. This kept my new growth soft, alternating with a mild protien, and a moisturising conditoner (my hair tends to be in need of more moisture, since I am a no lye relaxer).

That's about it. I made it t 11 weeks post, would have been 12 weeks if I didn't have to go to a party.

IT WAS HARD.

IT WAS HADES.

but I did it, and you can too :)

My hair is MUCH THICKER :)

I've thought about drying my hair but i was just scared it might come out smelling like mildew you know what happens to damp stuff so can i do this and another question when you guys say you use coconut oil and evoo are you guys talking bout the ones you use in food cuz thats all i am seeing when i google it so just wanna know if you guys are putting cooking oil in your hair

my roommate and I were talking bout this and it seemed so way out there to use cooking oils on your hair so i guess you have to try something different

Back