2 Jars of Relaxer needed?

peacelove

I have a question for you ladies that relax at home. Do you need more than one jar for your touch ups? Although I have decided to still with my Affirm and will be ordering a 4lb container, I have to say I was SOOOO tempted to consider the Phytorelaxer. However, when I used to relax at home, I was never able to cover my head with just one jar, and I am talking just for a touch up. No way I could afford 2 jars of phyto, though.

Do any of you ladies need two jars of relaxer for touch ups?

Never. I stretched to 12 weeks for the first time ever and had about 3 inches of new growth. I only used 1 jar of the PHYTO and had a little bit left.

I only use 1/6 of the affirm 4lb jar for each touch-up. I can't imagine using the whole jar of affirm for one application/re-touch ??!?!

I use two jars, but that's only because there is not much relaxer in my relaxer of choice. Otherswise, I would use 1 whole jar per touch up.

*Dee* said:
I only use 1/6 of the affirm 4lb jar for each touch-up. I can't imagine using the whole jar of affirm for one application/re-touch ??!?!

Oh God, no!!! I didn't mean a whole jar of the 4lb Affirm. LOL! I mean a jar like the phytorelaxer which I guess is about 15 oz or so.

Porsche19 said:
I use two jars, but that's only because there is not much relaxer in my relaxer of choice. Otherswise, I would use 1 whole jar per touch up.

What relaxer do you use?

Maybe it's been so long since I relaxed at home. I am thinking of the Gentle Treatment I used to use back in the day. Now that I think of it, those jars were quite small. Plus I have a big head - LOL.

I only use one jar relaxer (Hawaian Silky Mild Conditioning relaxer :hula:) and for my touch ups I use less then have a jar.

Mostly, I have to use about 1 1/2 jars of relaxer. I do stretch my touch-ups and therefore, have a lot of new growth. Also, I have coarse hair.

When I re-touched on April 4, 2005 (mom did it for me) I needed 1 and a half jars of relaxer. I had stretched for 12 weeks.

peacelove said:
What relaxer do you use?

Maybe it's been so long since I relaxed at home. I am thinking of the Gentle Treatment I used to use back in the day. Now that I think of it, those jars were quite small. Plus I have a big head - LOL.

I use PCJ lye. I love the stuff, but I would like if they fill the jar up more :) It comes only about half way full.

Back