1st Attempt at Curly Puff on 11 Months Post Hair-Pics!

soon2bsl

Hey ladies. So I'm 11 months into my transition and wanted to try a new style on my hair. I've been weaved up and in crochets most of this year. I'll be getting crochets installed again in a couple weeks and wanted to try a new style without weaves/extensions on my hair.

I washed and dc last night. Then did 12 twists in my hair and put them in bantu knots overnight. I had to leave early this morning so didn't get a chance to have my hair fully dry, but it was close enough. Since my hair was still a little damp, it didn't look right wearing it down, so I put it up in a curly puff. Let me know whatcha ladies think! :)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Ohh, that's really cute!

Great job on maintaining such a nice style so far into your transition. :clap:

Ohh, that's really cute!

Great job on maintaining such a nice style so far into your transition. :clap:

Thanks Grand Prix! Congrats on your recent BC! It looks great and you have great length after 19 months. Did you find any real challenges while transitioning?

Last edited:
Thanks Grand Prix! Congrats on your recent BC! It looks great and you have great length after 19 months. Did you find any real challenges while transitioning?

Oh, lol, you edited. Thanks!
My greatest challenge was styling. Especially around 10 months post, when I couldn't wear my knot outs anymore and I had to wear ponytails for what felt to be every day of my life!
But it got worse, the ponytails started to look funny too. :lol:

I got through months 16-19 by bunning and flat ironing (though no more than once every 2 weeks and only using one pass).

Oh, lol, you edited. Thanks!
My greatest challenge was styling. Especially around 10 months post, when I couldn't wear my knot outs anymore and I had to wear ponytails for what felt to be every day of my life!
But it got worse, the ponytails started to look funny too. :lol:

I got through months 16-19 by bunning and flat ironing (though no more than once every 2 weeks and only using one pass).

Lol yeah I edited after I realized you did the BC. Thanks for the info. I'm looking to transition for a verrry long time...3 years or more...but who knows, once I get to the 2 year mark, I may be really ready to chop. :)

That curly puff is so cute. Congrats!! I think you found you a cute summer style to rock. ;)

Back