19-week stretch over! *pic heavy*...

twinkletoes17

My last relaxer was 1 November 2008. I went to a JC Penney Salon yesterday and I must say I'm very impressed with the results! I felt so badly when the stylist was relaxing my hair because with that much NG it's definitely a task. I had about 5 months of new growth and she no longer had the Affirm relaxer she always used. So, she used Mizani Rhelaxer (Normal). From what I've heard from my mom and others, Mizani is strong (my first time using it btw). She was able to get the back straight, but my crown and the front was a problem. She ended up rinsing the back and then continuing to work the front of my hair. She was actually sweating, constantly wiping her forehead. She even had someone turn fans on. In total, relaxer was on my head for approximately 45 min but there really wasn't any burning; she based (with Affirm Gentle Assurance) excellently and so far everything is good. My hair and normal relaxers usually disagree with each other but I'm very grateful she used it and worked my hair rather than diving straight for the Super without even knowing how my hair would react.

I have no pics prior to January that show length :( Stretching is definitely a keeper =D

January 2009
Wet, unstretched hair:
Picture045.jpg

Airdried, unstretched hair:
Picture047.jpg

Kind of blurry... ng:
Picture077.jpg

Curls/coils, airdried:
Picture079.jpg

13 March 2009
Salon Results:

Picture089.jpg

Roots:
Picture103.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Length check:
Picture100-1.jpg

My ends need a trim badly, but not until I hit BSL lol.

GREAT job on stretching! What key changes did you have to adjust as your stretch progressed? I'm going into week 13 now and will relax at 14 or 15.

Your hair is beautiful. Congratulations on your successful stretch and relaxer! I see the very back of your hair is barely scraping BSL.

GREAT job on stretching! What key changes did you have to adjust as your stretch progressed? I'm going into week 13 now and will relax at 14 or 15.

To be honest I didn't even stretch well lol. I had another post about my breakage problem. I stopped using heat all together. I did braidouts or wetbuns as my primary hairstyles. I had to moisturize my ends more often. I continue to swear by my John Frieda Night Serum, does wonders ;) After my breakage post I took some advice and started DC more. The breakage problem was just about fixed :)

Even though my ends were relaxed, towards the end of my stretch I started detangling my hair when it was damp and that worked wonders as well =D

It looks like I'm scraping BSL but I'm almost 5'11 so I actually have another couple inches or so :lachen:..............:wallbash:
lol.

I know this must not have been easy for you but you did great never the less. Your hair looks fabulous and keep up the good work.

Wow! 19 weeks? Hopefully, I will work my way up to a long stretch like that. lol Your hair looks great! You had me rolling telling the story about how the stylist was sweating and carrying on.

I'm new but....
Your growth is AMAZING!!!
I'm curious what
styles did you wear
during that 5 months?

Wonderful growth!!!! You did a great job stretching!! Your pics will be inspiration for me during my stretch. I'm trying for 16 weeks and will go longer depending on how I'm doing at 16.

WOW!!! Thats alot of growth !!!
and i was tricked by the March relaxer pic of your front, ( the first one) , then when i saw the length check i was like WOWWW!

Back