17 weeks post update (pics)

GeauXavi

Ok ladies...So with encouragement from my bff, coworker, and buddy Nichi...I'm continuing on with this transition...for now! I had been discouraged because of the difference in textures...especially since I am trying to step my fitness game up.

Well I decided to try a co-wash/ flexirod set tonight... and I am loving it! I'm still under the dryer...but I can say that doing my hair tonight was actually easy!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used organix hydrating tea tree/mint conditioner which made my hair super soft! I rinsed with cool water, and sprayed it's a 10 leave in and aphogee foam wrap lotion and set on purple and orange flexirods.

I lost NO hair! This is super-encouraging! Anywho...here is a pic of my co-washed hair today. The whole-face pic is my wash n go from Sat. I'll post pics of my flexi-set in the morning!

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-06-01 at 20.45.jpg
    Photo on 2010-06-01 at 20.45.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Photo on 2010-05-29 at 19.28 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-05-29 at 19.28 #2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
That's great. No hairs? I wish I could say that.

Are you going natural or going with the flow? If so, that's exactly what I'm doing. I think I am 21 weeks post ( have to check my calender). I was planning on relaxing at 6 months but as long as there's no excessive shedding I think I will ride this out.

Who knows? I might never relax again.

And words of encouragement " Try not to put too much pressure on yourself . "

Thats pretty....something else you can try in case you are looking for more transitioning options is a silk wrap...if youve never done it before you can type 'silk wrap on natural hair' into youtube...everyone had great results, especially mahoganycurls, she didnt use any direct heat....I cant wait to try it!

Nice!

you can do this! you've done it before! I love doing the flexi rod and I want to do it before I get my sew in next week.

How is that Organix brand? I've been seeing it and the PJ in me is itching to get it!
We're going to tinnells tomorrow to go learn more sew in techniques, you should join

Thanks Ladies!
@BeautyAddict...I'm trying to take it day by day! It's just had to accept that my hair no longer behaves the way it used to!

@Nichi...I LOVED the Organix Con...it was my first time using it. Ask Jess about it also...I spotted the organix pomegranate con in her product stash:) I cant make the class bc of work...but I do need to book with tinnell...i want that weave bob bad! lol

Here are some pics of the flexi set...i NEVER like first day hair with the flexis...so here is a pic at the end of the day...after work and a long nap:look:

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-06-02 at 22.14 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-06-02 at 22.14 #2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Photo on 2010-06-02 at 22.14.jpg
    Photo on 2010-06-02 at 22.14.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo on 2010-06-02 at 22.13 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-06-02 at 22.13 #3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I love your flexi rod set. I'm tempted to do one tomorrow now. I think I will. It's funny that I'm BSL and my flexi rod set is the same length as yours. Shrinkage, man....

Thanks!
@Nichi- if you buy the extra-long flexirods, you can elongate your curls by starting lower on the roller! You might want to try that technique:)

@Halee- how long do you plan on transitioning? I see that we are a few weeks apart post-relaxer:)

Back