12week+ STRETCHERS...How often Do you do protein treaments?

BeautifulFlower

:hiya3::hiya2::hiya:

This is my first 12+ relaxer stretch. Im probably about 14 weeks now or so. I dont want to have to resort to heat to maintain the demarcation line.

How often do the veteran long term stretching do protein treatments to reinforce the demarcation line?

I protein only once during that time with Aphogee 2 Step Treatment and that's if I need a hardcore protein.. other than that I use the 2 Minute Reconstructor... That's all I need :yep::yep::yep:

Thanks Prettyface for asking this great question!

This is my first serious attempt at stretching. I usually relax at 6 weeks and am currently at 4. I've literally been obsessing about when I should throw some protein in there. I'm shedding like crazy (normal for me) so right now I'm just moisturizing.

I guess I'll keep doing that until my hair screams out for protein - especially at the demarcation line. Having never gone through this before, I don't know when that will be.

I don't really do the protein like i should.....well I don't do it at all, the bottle of aphogee;s protein is still kinda full.

I am 11 weeks now and I wash my hair rollerset it and blow the roots out, keeping it simple.

I just usually have ORS replenishing or on occasion use elasta's breakage control serum in my DC mix. I don't use any hardcore treatments at all

My hair doesn't like protein, so I hardly ever use it. For the almost 2 yrs I've been here, I've used Aphogee once, just because :ohwell:

I'm thinking about adding monthly henna or cassia treatments to my reggie for shine, but I'm kinda hesitant exposing my hair to that much protein. IDK, the verdict's still out on that....

Oh, I stretch 16 weeks :yep:

I do egg treatments (egg, cheap conditioner & EVOO or Coconut Oil) 1-2x/month followed by a moisturizing treatment. I relax every 12 weeks.

I just do one when my hair needs it, at least once or twice in the 4 months that I usually stretch. I use Henna or eggs/conditoner/oil.

I stretch at least 12 weeks and sometimes up to 14. My NG comes in packed and VERY tightly coiled. I gave up texlaxing so my relaxed hair is pretty straight. There's a HUGE difference between the two textures and I have to use protein every wash to keep my hair strong. I've been using UBH cond to DC weekly and it does the job. I think this might qualify as a medium/light protein conditioner. My hair is also fine so I think the added strength from the protein is necessary. However, I always follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner (Elucence MBC) that I quickly wash out. I will occasionally use the hardcore Aphogee around week 5 and maybe again 1 or 2 weeks before touch-up time but it's usually not necessary since I'm using protein regularly anyway. HTH!

Back