12 Weeks Post

21Trixie

I am currently twelve weeks post and have quite a bit of new growth. It is so dry and unmanagable that I cannot even get a comb through it at all. I tried the BB Growth Moisturizer, ORS Shea Butter and ORS Olive oil still no luck. My main concern is that I get a retouch Thursday and I just don't know how the stylist is going to get the relaxer in about 10-12 minutes. I don't think I'll be stretching to 12 weeks again maybe 10. I will stop by Sally's today and pick up the Alma oil and give that a try. I also started taking flax and will probably add MSM just to moisturize and loosen the texture up a bit. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

This is something I haven't tried but read in the transitioners thread- try applying your favorite conditioner/moisturizer mixed w/ Alma oil to your new growth with a perm brush and leave it on for a few hours.

S curl works for me only when I brush my hair wet. I never try to handle my hair with a comb. That's just asking for trouble.:lol: I hope all goes well for you.

DDtexlaxd said:
S curl works for me only when I brush my hair wet. I never try to handle my hair with a comb. That's just asking for trouble.:lol: I hope all goes well for you.

i second the s curl. i use this and it softens my new growth like no one's business. and i have very coarse 4 b hair. get the one in the gray and blue small bottle.

21Trixie said:
I am currently twelve weeks post and have quite a bit of new growth. It is so dry and unmanagable that I cannot even get a comb through it at all. I tried the BB Growth Moisturizer, ORS Shea Butter and ORS Olive oil still no luck. My main concern is that I get a retouch Thursday and I just don't know how the stylist is going to get the relaxer in about 10-12 minutes. I don't think I'll be stretching to 12 weeks again maybe 10. I will stop by Sally's today and pick up the Alma oil and give that a try. I also started taking flax and will probably add MSM just to moisturize and loosen the texture up a bit. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

ooohhh I'm jealous....I wish I had 12 weeks of ng...I only have 1 week and 4 days of ng....but try the Scurl or do a conditioner wash with Cream of Nature nourishing conditioner.HTH..

sta soft fro works very well on new growth...the spray. i am 10 weeks post and yeaterday i used some wgo on my roots while my hair was still wet before my braid out. i have also tried the liso on my scalp and it worked out only "o.k." for me.

I brought sta fro soft and it really did help with the dryness. I didn't see any alma oil at sally's so i went ahead and brought the kemi oyl. iwent ahead and mixed that with proclaim cholesterol. i put it on my hair from the roots to ends as if i was applying a relaxer. i will sleep with it on my hair and wash it out in the morning. Then I'll apply NTM as an instant conditioner and see how it turns out. Thanks everyone

I use S-Curl texturizer spray in the blue and gray bottle. I am a 4B and I stretch for 12 weeks. This time around I am going for 14 I am on week 1o.:D

Back