12+ Month Transition OVER! I BC'ed (PICS)

kbragg

Well this is my second and LAST BC! A little background. I did the BC the first time back in July of 2008. I did my own BC and went to a stylist to get any stray pieces...she left me looking like a boy and cut off WAY more than necessary.:nono: I hated it for the longest. At the time I had no clue how to care for my natural hair properly. I tried so many different products but was still plagued with single strand knots. I decided to try a "texture softener" that was only supposed to make the hair a bit more manageable...BIG mistake! I followed the instructions on the box and it left the entire front of my hair BONE STRAIGHT:nono: I tried a corrective relaxer but hated the way it looked. May last relaxer was Dec 2009.

Fast forward to today. I've discovered for my hair less is more. I've been watching MsLala's channel who has hair like mine and my hair loves her routine! My hair wants to be like hers when it grows up:grin: Ok enough blah blah, here's the pichas:grin:

Maxiglided hair before BC. The relaxed ends were see though but my natural hair looked full and healthy. Them ends had ta go!
0a2d2ef1-1-1.jpg

Buh bye relaxed ends!!!
d9a5ff6c-1.jpg

Hello Fro! Still a few straight pieces but I think I did a pretty good job...
3bb4f966-1.jpg

Back of hair
f4d85c59-1.jpg

Back of hair 2
01cd722f-1.jpg

Hair drenched in conditioner...Classic 4a/b No need ta lie:rofl: (Yes I got that straight piece after taking the pic lol)
f8a0e297-1.jpg

Texture shot
c04a5f9b-1.jpg

Texture shot 2
0acd6251-1.jpg

So there ya have it! Nothing spectacular (YET!) but it's all me! Sorry for the lack of make up:blush:

Congratulations!!!!!:drunk::drunk: I'm so glad you found some info on my channel helpful I am blushing because you mentioned my name :rolleyes:. I hope your journey goes better for you this time. Just be patient with your hair, it looks very healthy and soft. I didn't realize it but I guess our textures are kind of similar.

Congrats again, for some reason I thought you were natchal! We both started transitioning at the same time

Congrats missy must feel good to have one texture now.
PS when I went to the salon to BC i was 6 mos post and she definitely took way too much off. But I'm glad I absolutely loved my boy cut.

Back