12 in 12 Challenge?

What's your regimen?
My regimen varies, I'll post a solid regmen soon.

Current growth rate?

I think that my growth rate is 6-8 inches per year.

Will you be using anything to aid your growth (supplements, growth aids, etc)?
I will be following my usual vitamin regimen. I'll be taking a multivitamin, biotin, b-complex, nac, nioxin, viviscal, vitamin c and liquid chlorophyll. I will also be using Mega-Tek or Ovation as a growth aid.

If it's not too late, I would like to join this challenge:

Current regime:
For 2009, I plan on wearing lace fronts about 95% of the time.
I will wash and deep condition my hair (with heat) AT LEAST once a week.
Under the wig I will either wear cornrolls or just wrap my hair.

Current growth rate:
I honestly have no idea, but I think it's around 1/2 inch/month.

Supplements/growth aids:
I will be taking a multi-vitamin, b-complex, bamboo extract and maybe get back on MSM.
I haven't decided on any growth aids, but if I braid my hair under the wig then I might use OCT and/or MT (I have both).

What's your regimen?
wash/DC with Redkin Smooth Down line and LeKair Cholesterol or Parnevu Hair Mayo. I will be rollersetting with flexi-rods, bunning, and flat-ironing on a few occasions. 8-10 week relaxer stretches.

Current growth rate?
about 3/4 in. per month

Supplements/ Growth Aids

Multi vitamin, biotin, horsetail, b12, exercise, and water:)

***starting point in my siggy:)

Last edited:
Are you going to take digestive enzymes so that I make sure I break down the protein that you are eating so that it gets to my hair? and if so, when do you take the enzymes?

Taking too much protein for long periods can cause liver/kidney damage after long periods. So you have to do it right. I need to figure this out, to make ure it gets to me hair properly.

I just learned about taking digestive enzymes from those threads, so I haven't begun that yet, but am going to try to do so, depending on how my budget works out.

As far as the high protein diet is concerned, from what I've researched, the high protein diet is dangerous for those who already have kidney problems and can cause such problems to come on sooner or to intensify in those already prone to them. So, if you're in good health, it shouldn't be a problem. But then again, most people won't know whether they're prone to kidney problems, so there is still a risk. In any case, though, lots of water is definitely necessary.

If it's not too late, I would like to join this challenge:

Current regime:
For 2009, I plan on wearing lace fronts about 95% of the time.
I will wash and deep condition my hair (with heat) AT LEAST once a week.
Under the wig I will either wear cornrolls or just wrap my hair.

Current growth rate:
I honestly have no idea, but I think it's around 1/2 inch/month.

Supplements/growth aids:
I will be taking a multi-vitamin, b-complex, bamboo extract and maybe get back on MSM.
I haven't decided on any growth aids, but if I braid my hair under the wig then I might use OCT and/or MT (I have both).

Definitely NOT too late. I think I may leave it open until June. I'll add you to the list!

Current Regimen:

I wash my hair weekly with AO GPB or Honeysuckle Rose. I clarify once a month. I deep condition every other week. I am using Hairveda Vatika frost as a pre-poo. My regimen may change due to the fact I am going to start getting my hair done professionally to help the transitioning along. I will update you all if that is the case.

Current Growth Rate:

I don't know my current growth rate. I am guessing about .25 to .5 inches per month. :ohwell:

Supplements/Growth Aids:

I am using MN mixed with Hairveda oil, WG, and Jane Carter scalp nourishing serum every other night. I am taking Biotin at 300 mcg and Saw Palmetto. I am going to increase my Biotin intake, start a multivitamin, and look into additional growth supplements.

I definently want it.

Current Regimen: I'm kinda new, so I'm still working on one. However, I'll be doing LHCF bootcamp so I know I will be wearing protective styles and using no direct heat.
Current Growth Rate: About 1/4 inch a month.
Supplements: Multivitamin, Biotin, Folic Acid, Super B-Complex, and One Bottle of Water every day.

What's your regimen?
still developing... will post soon

Current growth rate?
approx 1 inch per month

Supplements/ Growth Aids

Multi vitamin, biotin, complex b, will add MSM soon

Also drinking more water, exercise better eating habits

Attachments

• 100_0117(a).jpg
    100_0117(a).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
I want to join if it is not too late!!1

What's your regimen?

I dc 4x a week with Silicon Mix, Phyto Hair Balm, UBH Deep Condition from Cathy H. I take many vitamins and wrk out 45mn 5x a week. Drink lots of water and baggie til I drop. Baggying works.

Current growth rate?

around .5 inch per month

Will you be using anything to aid your growth (supplements, growth aids, etc)?

my vitamins B complex, gnc every day, beta carotene, shark oil, alfafa, E, zinc, iron, magnezium, silica in liquid form. trace mineral in liquid form, nettle, etc

I am also starting my personal phyto hair challenge for 6 mnths. We will see how that goes!

Last edited:
late yes, but i want to join. i guess i will try for 11 in 11? lolol.

What's your regimen? cowash nightly. moisturize and seal nightly. clarify monthly. deep condition monthly. massage scalp for at least 15 minutes a day. bun 99% of the time.
Current growth rate? 1/2 in. a month. but i really want 3/4in.-1in.
Will you be using anything to aid your growth (supplements, growth aids, etc)? nope. i just take a daily multivitamin for overall health

i am transitioning. i want my natural hair to be APL by the end of the year. =)

i am also going to start eating a bit healthier (i am not that bad to begin with) and exercising more (i have gotten really lazy recently).

Last edited:
Is it too late too join? Also, where are the check-ins? Are they in another thread. I will be happy with SL by mid 2009 and almost APL by end of year. Either way, some accountability and support will do me good.

Starting pic in my sig a of 3/15. If I am in I will post reg and all.

Thanks!!

I don't mind if you still join. I haven't been monitoring this closely. Updates will be put in here whenever you have some. Welcome aboard.

bump bump bump. I have been taking about NAC going on a month now but also been excercising and using megatek but before doing so I normally base my scalp w/ indian oils: 1/4 shikakai, 1/2 alma, and 1/2 mabringjai (sp)... I do have some amazing growth.. :grin:

...Now, I am wondering if I hit APL. I have been wearing a lace front my hair cornrowed underneath (co-wash, wash, and deep condition)for about 4 weeks now and have not been muniplated.

bump bump bump. I have been taking about NAC going on a month now but also been excercising and using megatek but before doing so I normally base my scalp w/ indian oils: 1/4 shikakai, 1/2 alma, and 1/2 mabringjai (sp)... I do have some amazing growth.. :grin:

...Now, I am wondering if I hit APL. I have been wearing a lace front my hair cornrowed underneath (co-wash, wash, and deep condition)for about 4 weeks now and have not been muniplated.

Well, once the lace front comes off, please post some pictures!

How is everyone doing? Any updates?

I believe that my hair is growing 3/4 of an inch per month. It is just that I am scissor happy (got another trim yesterday :perplexed).

I am getting ready to step it up several notches over the summer!:grin:

I think I am just getting 1/2 inch, but I am happy that I am actually seeing progress. I think I will be able to see an inch a month once I get serious about eating well and exercising.

How is everyone doing? Any updates?

I believe that my hair is growing 3/4 of an inch per month. It is just that I am scissor happy (got another trim yesterday :perplexed).

I am getting ready to step it up several notches over the summer!:grin:

it didn't work for me, I took pictures in june and I will post them soon. I only had like 4 inches.

Back