10hr detangling cut to 1hr30mins

Sheabutterboy

Hello guys I made a thread earlier about my detangling struggles. I have managed to successfully change this and i wanted to share.

I had my hair in twists which I hadn't detangled in a month. Although I retwist every two weeks.

Undid my twists divided into six sections, finger detangled under warm running water with my shea butter/castor oil mix. The tangles I thought were tangles, just melted away, was able to finger comb to a good degree.

After this I applied some more of my shea butter mix, I applied a lot so my hair could hang almost straight, with the slip and moisture, started with a kazmaleje paddle comb, and then went in with a wide-tooth comb. This was a relatively easy process because my hair was "straightened out by the shea butter, so my ends weren't curling on themselves like they would before.
Remember to rinse away the product/build-up before detangling, helps a bunch.
Who would have thought, it could be so simple?? I have been struggling since the middle of last year as my hair was getting longer. It's not complicated, it's not hard, I was just doing it wrong -_-
Thanks to everyone who offered some advice

Back