100% REMY HAIR

taytay86

Ladies, can we please discuss this?!

I went into the hair store interested in wet and wavy/French refined Remy hair and found the prices too exhorbirant for me:

Sensationnel (Goddess): $95+ tax
SAGA (milky way): 98+
Black Diamond: 89+

Let me make a note the prices are Canadian PER 14" PACK. I've never heard of anything like this in my life. One woman in the store was like, "Yea, it feels like $80 dollar hair, but I bought mine in the States for half price."

:nono:That alone made me not want to buy the hair. I agree its worth the extra cost, but 90+ for one pack is a bit much...am I wrong? I'm so tempted to fly down to BK just to grab some.

I'm particularly interested in the Black Diamond Wet and Wavy. It looks like perm/kink hair and supposedly when you wet it, its AMAZING...any thoughts on this brand?

Please share the brands you use/prefer, where you buy your hair, costs, how long it lasts etc. I'm interested in wet and wavy seeing as how I wash my hair often/go to the gym etc. So the wetter the better:grin:

TIA!

I've have not used black diamond some people like it but its still low quaility hair for big money. For that price just purchase the high quality stuff. If they are selling it in the beauty supply store it is usually garbage. I tried the sensational remi. Goodess remi my foot.. It was a rats nest. utterly horrid. Go to Giovanni and Sons on the web I love their indian remy curly hair. Its so good it will last forever it roller sets like a dream and dries fast. Indianique has reportedly great hair too, but I have not used it yet. Wagman Primus hair is good too and the cheaper of the higher brands. Of course Extensions Plus but they are insane with prices:drunk:

HTH:spinning:

Prices okay it so depends on how much you want and the length
I will estimate for 4 oz. which is 1 pack

Giovanni and Sons
indian curly 18"=$115.00 (guessing I usually by more and longer)

Indianique
super curly 18"=$135.00

Wagmans Primus
Deep Curly 18"=$85.00* Prices depends on color and length and availability this is really curly hair..I got compliments on it and questions like crazy my hair stylist and the other stylist in the shop ask for all the info so I don't have it to give to you. Go on line ask for a brochure or call monday and get them to fax you the sale list or go to BHM and look at pictures of installs.

Extensions Plus
Natural Curly 18"=$171.00 (this was an old price quote so it's probably more now..too rich for me)

Last edited:
Remy hair is better quality virgin hair (I still don't know if I believe that when it comes to the BSS brands because you can buy different colors. How is it unprocessed if it's dyed?) But anyway, the hair is better quality and can be reused so that's why it costs more.

I've used the Goddess Remi French Wave off and on for the past 3 years with no problems. I haven't tried the SAGA or Black Diamond. But Black Diamond is supposed to be a lower end line made by Bohyme (the hair I'm wearing in my siggy pic) which I have used with no problem as well.

I think if you are truly looking for quality hair to wear for an extended period of time you should go with one of the higher end Remy brands and not the BSS Remy hair. Like Extensions Plus and some of those. Check the weave forum over at BHM. They have plenty of info.

Last edited:
I use Remi Velet and I love love love it. It's about $75 a pack. When I'm low on cash I use Black Diamond and I think it's pretty good.

Thanks Ladies,

I know the Black Diamond is lower quality - but I heard it's really good for wet and wavy. Now that I think of it, I don't believe Goddess (or was it SAGA) had wet and wavy, just french refined. I want that wet and wavy look because I go to the gym often and therefore wash my hair (or co wash) regulary. So the I'm not sure the French refined, although nice, would work for me.

Any thoughts on Wet and Wavy hair brands? Which one's are good?

I've have not used black diamond some people like it but its still low quaility hair for big money. For that price just purchase the high quality stuff. If they are selling it in the beauty supply store it is usually garbage. I tried the sensational remi. Goodess remi my foot.. It was a rats nest. utterly horrid. Go to Giovanni and Sons on the web I love their indian remy curly hair. Its so good it will last forever it roller sets like a dream and dries fast. Indianique has reportedly great hair too, but I have not used it yet. Wagman Primus hair is good too and the cheaper of the higher brands. Of course Extensions Plus but they are insane with prices:drunk:

HTH:spinning:

Prices okay it so depends on how much you want and the length
I will estimate for 4 oz. which is 1 pack

Giovanni and Sons
indian curly 18"=$115.00 (guessing I usually by more and longer)

Indianique
super curly 18"=$135.00

Wagmans Primus
Deep Curly 18"=$85.00* Prices depends on color and length and availability this is really curly hair..I got compliments on it and questions like crazy my hair stylist and the other stylist in the shop ask for all the info so I don't have it to give to you. Go on line ask for a brochure or call monday and get them to fax you the sale list or go to BHM and look at pictures of installs.

Extensions Plus
Natural Curly 18"=$171.00 (this was an old price quote so it's probably more now..too rich for me)

I just went on the site....$37.00 for one pack?! The quality has to be questionable....(https://www.shop.giovanniandson.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=89&categoryId=38)

Is there anyone else who can vouch for Giovanni?

TIA

I looked at the Giovanni and Sons website, and the indian natural curl sticks out to me. As I mentioned I'm looking for high quality wet and wavy...if I buy the Indian curl, wet it, wash it regularly with the curls come loose?

How much is shipping?

Last edited:
Tay,

The hair will not loose the curl if it's true virgin indian remi hair. It will spring right back over and over again. You will LOVE it!!!

Remi hair will not get tangles as all of the cuticles lay in the same direction rather than some up and come down like other hair (the cheaper ones) Remi hair will last you much longer, :)

Thank you! How do I know which brands are the real deal?

SAGA
Goddess
Black Diamond
Giovanni

?
If I'm not mistaken those brands are remy, but they are not "True Indian Remy Hair." They're what I call "BSS" hair. I have never tried Indian Remy hair, but I plan on making my first purchase within the next few months. Of the BSS hair, I have used Sensationnel Goddess Remy and Outre Velvet. I prefered the Sensationnel because it blended beautifully, lasted through weekly washing, blowdrying and flat ironing, and it never really tangled or shed. I currently have Janet Mink Yaky, and while the texture is realistic, it sheds like an old goat. It isn't remy hair, so that makes a difference. It was a last minute purchase, but I will not be using it again. My next install, I will be using Zury ViP Remy, which I have heard good things about. You should try looking at the Weave/Extension forum at BHM. They have plenty of reccommendations there. HTH.

Have you checked www.indianhairs.com? You purchase directly from the supplier in India. Although it sounds expensive, IMO it's a better buy than BSS hair. They sell it by the pound (this equals 4 bags of BSS. Enough hair for 2 heads) and it lasts over a year. I have a friend that's been using it for a long time. I've spent way more than her on BSS hair but hers is much better quality.

Oh how happy I am that I found this thread. I saw the Goddess Remy last night and the lady at the BSS was trying to get me to buy this thing for $89.99 minus a $10 discount, as if the $10 was such a big difference.

I ended up buying some thing really inexpensive, the Brandy stuff. I'm glad I saw all this information, so now I know what to look for.

Has anyone purchased georgeous girl hair by Tippi. It is a minority owned business and she does celebrities. The hair on line looks great but for the price I wonder how good it is.

Go to Black Hair Media and go to the weaves forum. Anything you need to know about weaves is there. BSS hair is garbage. Get you some Extensions Plus or Wagmans. You can wear it over and over and over and over and it looks like you just took it out the pack every single time. All you do is wash it and it springs right back to its original appearance. It does not need special products or nothing. Just wash it, condition it and go.

Back