100% Ceramic Iron At TJMaxx ??

MsRR

I used on my BKt a PHI Pro Series tourmaline ceramic iron that I bought from TJ Maxx and it says on the box 100% solid plates it goes to 360 degrees and has no temp dial. It was only $19.99. Its sounds good but I was wondering why it was so cheap if its 100%tourmaline ceramic plates...should I keep it or invest in another brand. It smelled funny also..maybe this was because it was my first time using it.

I used on my BKt a PHI Pro Series tourmaline ceramic iron that I bought from TJ Maxx and it says on the box 100% solid plates it goes to 360 degrees and has no temp dial. It was only $19.99. Its sounds good but I was wondering why it was so cheap if its 100%tourmaline ceramic plates...should I keep it or invest in another brand. It smelled funny also..maybe this was because it was my first time using it.

Did you look it up online to see what it usually sells for and customer reviews? If its false claims I'd take it back and get a new iron.

I found out on here, that companies sometimes sell the same flat iron under 2 different names or labels. The proof is in how it operates. I have a Cortex from TJ Maxx, I can't compare it to a CHI (because I never owned one), but it is wayyyy better than that Horrid metal plate thing I used before.

Hth!

I found out on here, that companies sometimes sell the same flat iron under 2 different names or labels. The proof is in how it operates. I have a Cortex from TJ Maxx, I can't compare it to a CHI (because I never owned one), but it is wayyyy better than that Horrid metal plate thing I used before.

Hth!
They had one that looked like the Chi called Bio Silk and it was also made by Farouk for $39.99 but it didn't say 100% ceramic so I didn't get it.

I don't think there is a flat iron that is purely 100% ceramic. If so, surely you're not going to get it for 20.00. Most irons have a ceramic coating on them.

I have 2 flat irons from TJ Maxx. The one is a Belson and that joint gets my hair STRAIGHT but it catches my hair if I'm not careful. The other one is a Jilberee (sp.) They are both good. I think TJ Maxx gets suff that is slightly defective/that other stores have too much of and are trying to get rid of. I have seen a few 100% ceramic flat irons there. If you don't like it, just return it. I've returned a flat iron with no problem. And if it works than keep it.

I think Babyliss is on that is sold at TJMaxx that is 100% Ceramic (not sure)

Back