10 Weeks Post Relaxer-Looks like Touchup

sylver2

Hi all, I'm smiling because at least 3 different people including my own hubby asked if I just got a touchup. I said no.
I am almost 10 Weeks Post Relaxer.
I wish I had a pic to show. My digi camera broke last week. My hair is very thick but I only love wearing it bone straight and thin looking. So it looks thick now but real smooth and wavy.
I washed hair, conditioned with NTM, then put in Rusk Leave in Smoother conditioner and John Frieda Xtra strength serum. I blow dried then I added some Sebastian polish and did 4 bantu knot twists. Wrapped with Satin Scarf. Woke up took out and it fell in silky thick waves all around. I love it.
My hubby couldn't believe it. 10 weeks Post Relaxer.
I'm going to try and search for my old digi cam. You have to see it.

Girl, now you are going to make me run out and purchase some Rusk products. BTW, you are very pretty. Everytime I see that you have posted I think of Aaliyah. I know you have to get that from time to time.

Thank you Cherokee. I get that Aaliyah thing nearly every day. I'm very flattered to be compared to her look wise.

Okay!! I got a cheap camera for $30 from Target. I will post pics in a minute.

OK I will never ever buy a cheap $30 camera again..lol

I put the pics in my fokti album. If you can even view them. They are dark and blurry. Had to twist Hubbys arm to take pics. He didn't want to.

Saw the photos. Awesome results. Say, are the disposable digital cameras $30? Just a thought if anyone needs a digital camera in a hurry.

Lynxdiva said:
Saw the photos. Awesome results. Say, are the disposable digital cameras $30? Just a thought if anyone needs a digital camera in a hurry.

The disposable ones are $11. You can't hook them up to your PC though. You have to bring it back to shop and they put it on a CD.
I bought a cheap low res Digi for $30 at Target.

Your hair looks absolutely :love: WONDERFUL. Even in the pictures it looks soooo soft. I would have never imagined that you were 10 weeks post relaxer.

WesternEyes said:
ooo. very nice. is your hair naturally black, sylver2?
Yes, it used to be jet black, but as I got older ther are a couple of dark brown streaks in.

Thanks sooo much everyone. You wouldn't believe how soft it is, I can't keep my hands out of it.
It has to be that Rusk mixed w/ the Frieda cause it never felt like this. My first time using a full leave in conditioner.
I tried it because this past summer I went to a bad stylist who overprocesed my hair, not once but 3 times. It broke off real bad. So I said I wasn't going to get a touchup until I nursed my hair back to good health.
Stay away from GioVanis in Adams Morgan Dc/Md/Va ladies.

Sylver2, you and your hair are just gorgeous! This was the first time I'd seen your album (I wonder why???) and I am blown away!!!!

Your hair looks absolutely wonderful. You would never guess that you were 10 weeks post relaxer. I have to try the bantu-knots. Keep up the good work. Another hair inspiration!

hondahoney007 said:
Your hair looks very nice. What relaxer do you use?

Thank you, I alternate between Creme of Nature No Lye and Optimum no lye.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am soo glad I joined this board :kiss:
I wish the pics were better, it looks soo much better in person. I am just shocked. 10 weeks Post. By the 5th-6th week I'm usually running to salon for touchup.

Back