1 YEAR NAPPIVERSARY- Years Highlights

sunbubbles

WOW! I cant believe Ive made it this far! I BC'ed June 4th 2008 (yes I know Im posting my nappiversary late! Im lazy!:lachen:)
I just wanted to say thank you to all the ladies for all your advise and encouragement on this site and on Nappturality! Ive learned so much in the past year. If I had known then what I know now, I might have STAYED natural the first time, and now armed with the knowledge that Ive gained, I now know what to do to keep my hair healthy if I ever did decide to go back to perms!!
Hopefully ONE day soon Ill get the nerve to flat iron!!

In pursuit of my Laziness, Ive mostly been in Protective styles (twists, braids)
and BECAUSE of my Brokeness Ive had to learn to do it myself!!:lachen:
Ive experimented mostly with twist extensions, yarn braids, Homemade Micros LOL, cornrows, flattwists, etc. but right now Im in some Mini- box braids. Ill be taking these out 2 weeks (they've been in for 2 1/2 months) and putting in some mini-twist extensions.
Thanks so much ladies!!

My BC! I did it myself........... Cant you tell?:lachen: Dont mind the messy bed or that Horrible zit on my head!! lol
DSCF1455-vi.jpg

3 months after BC
DSCF1814-vi.jpg

Had some twist ext in for a couple months, then I undid them to the root and wore it for a week. This was my favorite style!!
Image006-vi.jpg

Fresh set of twists
DSCF1864-vi.jpg

Flat twists- not perfect but good enough! lol
DSCF2561-vi.jpg

Yarn Twists. Mom had a FIT!! So I took them out. ........... eventually:grin:
DSCF2618-vi.jpg

Was too broke to go get some micros so I put them in myself! lol
DSCF2773-vi.jpg

MINI BRAIDS how I love Thee! Im definately doin these again!
DSCF3432-vi.jpg

DSCF3327-vi.jpg

Beautiful hair. :yep: And you're very talented to do all those styles yourself. My hair looks like your "3 months after the BC" pic. You give me hope gurly! :lol: BTW, I absolutely :love: that hairstyle in the last picture.

Last edited:
Beautiful!! You skin is gorgeous. May I ask why your mom didn't like your yarn twists?

Shes very traditional! She said its not appropriate to put yarn in the hair! and I was like "well whats the difference between this and synthetic hair? lol oh well!

your styles were cute! I really like the style in the last picture- your mini twists and the flat twists!
oh! congrats on your 1 year nappiversary!!!

mini braids are a really easy way to grow out your hair and retain length. B/c they hang you can do almost any basic style with them that you would with loose hair w/o suffering the mechanical damage. :yep:

Congrats on all your progress!

Back