1 Week Braid Growth Comparison

CORBINS

Everyone:
I recently braided my hair. I have been in braids for exactly 1 week and I already have close to 1/4" of growth. I took pictures to show. I haven't washed my braids so none of the loosening is caused by slippage. This is actual growth. I've been taking 6,000mg of Omega 3,6,9 and I just finished my first bottle of Nioxin. I take 2 per day. I haven't taken any MSM for about 2 weeks, but I do believe that they are still contributing to my growth. I ordered some from Ebay and I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I will continue taking 8,000mg/day when they arrive.

In the pictures, you can see that I rebraided one to where they were a week ago, and the other braid is the one that shows the length. For those who are having doubts about taking supplements, just stay consistent and you will definately notice the growth. I've been taking MSM for about 2 months consistently.

Attachments

• 25 May 06 growth comparison.jpg
    25 May 06 growth comparison.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 25 May 06 Growth comparison2.jpg
    25 May 06 Growth comparison2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 76
wow i do see your growth- lookin good! i also take MSM and i beliieve its contributing to growth and iv noticed a change in my hair texture too, it much softer now. i also take flaxseed oil which really helps oil/moiture iv noticed my hair, scalp and boby feel well oiled.

Wow nice growth.

I'm on MSM too, but only taking 1000mg a day. I wanted to ease my way up in dosage to let my body get used to them and to avoid the breakouts. So far I've avoided them. The only side effect for me is the vivid dreams...every night!

Are you taking the 8000mg in capsule form or powder? Brand?

Did you breakout at first.

RabiaElaine said:
Wow nice growth.

I'm on MSM too, but only taking 1000mg a day. I wanted to ease my way up in dosage to let my body get used to them and to avoid the breakouts. So far I've avoided them. The only side effect for me is the vivid dreams...every night!

Are you taking the 8000mg in capsule form or powder? Brand?

Did you breakout at first.

I broke out a little in the beginning. I also started low on my doses. I was taking 2,000mg/day and went up to 4,000 then 6,000, and now I'm at 8,000. I'm am taking the NOW Lignisul brand in capsule form. I haven't switched brands since I started. I also think that the Nioxin is starting to work. My scalp is itching like crazy!

Last edited:
Is your scalp sore at all following the MSM? I've been on a low manipulation personal challenge, and taking MSM for the past two weeks now. My scalp is sore to the touch all the time. I don't remember experiencing this with my other vitamins...

OneInAMillion said:
Is your scalp sore at all following the MSM? I've been on a low manipulation personal challenge, and taking MSM for the past two weeks now. My scalp is sore to the touch all the time. I don't remember experiencing this with my other vitamins...

Yes my scalp gets sore. It seems like it get sore during certain times of the day.

Back