1 inch in 1 month...NO SUPPLEMENTS!!!

Wishin4BSL

I think I've always believed the whole eating healthy and exercising to get better hair growth, but I never really paid attention to it until the past two months because I've been trying to lose some weight. Although I've only lost 7 pounds in 2 months (I have a BIG sweet tooth to work on), I've been eating healthier foods, almost completely stopped eating out, and started exercizing and viola! One inch of new growth in exactly one month! I eat high protein: Lots of salads, yogurt for snacks, and Special K snack and meal bars, I drink a lot of water, milk here and there, and I've started ballet and modern dance again, doing pilates and yoga when I'm not in dance class. It REALLY works! I wasn't even trying to grow my hair! I've just been trying to lose weight, or at least be a little healthier. I'm super-excited because that means I don't have to take any supplements or topical growth potions. All it took was a little effort. I just wanted to let everyone know how excited I am!:D

That's great! I'm planning on joining a local gym next month to get in shape for an upcoming vacation and for just the summer period! I'm still gonna take the supplements, drink protein shakes, and use BT, but I'm glad working out will help naturally as well. I've also upped my water intake. I'm glad this hair journey has prompted me to take care of my overall health as well, great skin and bodies are beautiful bonuses to long healthy hair.

Yep! sure does! Thats why I cannt waituntil i can get back into the swing of things. Plus i can go back to eating healthy because I need to lose 30 pounds

Congrats girl! I wish I had the motivation to eat like that. But if I eat a salad for lunch, I'm starving an hour later. Lord knows I don't need to lose any weight, I'm really tryin to maintain for now.
One inch a month is grrreat though. I'm really not big on snack bars, but did the special k's taste okay? I am so funny when it comes to certain foods (and snacks). How often were you doing yoga and pilates?

Congratulations on your weight loss and new growth! I think 7 pounds in 2 months is great and 1 inch in a month is awesome! Thanks for sharing! That motivates me to get back to a healthier way of life.

Congrats...on the growth and the weight loss! 7lbs in 2 months is perfect and it sounds like you have a really exciting routine! Oh, i feel you on the sweet tooth bit...boy it's a killer :lol:

Hope I get results like you...I've been exercising regularly for the past two months, and I'm eating more protein, fruits, & veggies.

e$h said:
Congrats girl! I wish I had the motivation to eat like that. But if I eat a salad for lunch, I'm starving an hour later. Lord knows I don't need to lose any weight, I'm really tryin to maintain for now.
One inch a month is grrreat though. I'm really not big on snack bars, but did the special k's taste okay? I am so funny when it comes to certain foods (and snacks). How often were you doing yoga and pilates?

Special K's taste like flavored Rice Krispies. I love them.

Try a big salad and wheat toast, lightly buttered. I feel the same way about eating salads. The toast helps a lot.

Yoga and pilates twice a week (DVDs! I hate the gym!):lol: and dance class three days a week. Two hour session with a break in between. One stretching and conditioning, the other is dance (either ballet, modern, or west african).

Wishin4BSL said:
Special K's taste like flavored Rice Krispies. I love them.

Try a big salad and wheat toast, lightly buttered. I feel the same way about eating salads. The toast helps a lot.

Yoga and pilates twice a week (DVDs! I hate the gym!):lol: and dance class three days a week. Two hour session with a break in between. One stretching and conditioning, the other is dance (either ballet, modern, or west african).

Well that's even better! I gotta dig out my Windsor Pilates dvd lol, I love running though, and this gym has a track, and I like working up a sweat on the bikes as well, and targeting with certain machines. My Y(MCA offers African Dance, I took that years ago and after the first class my legs were BURNING! Lol..but I think I'll start it up again, thanks for the inspiration!

Whaaaaaaa ?

( running to the gym and walmart to get started )

So glad for you girlie ! I'm going to start to . Thanks and happy growing !!!!

Keep tracking your growth and keep us up to date !

Question, were you measuring your hair before and if so was it an inch ? Just asking because some people don't measure until they start to do better...

Last edited:
e$h said:
Congrats girl! I wish I had the motivation to eat like that. But if I eat a salad for lunch, I'm starving an hour later.

Ditto.

I think the protein definitely helps. I've had faster growth recently since I started eating a boiled egg on most days for breakfast. I think I don't get enough protein normally though.

I want to lose some weight, get fit and tone up but exercise hurts and has really slow results... I just don't have the willpower to stick with it :ohwell:
Maybe if I see my hair growing super fast, that might help motivate me! (Instant gratification is what I need!)

I bought a pilates book and it told me to read through the whole book and THEN I can start to attempt the exercises. Needless to say, I haven't done any pilates yet.

thicknlong said:
Whaaaaaaa ?

( running to the gym and walmart to get started )

So glad for you girlie ! I'm going to start to . Thanks and happy growing !!!!

Keep tracking your growth and keep us up to date !

Question, were you measuring your hair before and if so was it an inch ? Just asking because some people don't measure until they start to do better...

No, I've been measuring since the beginning of my hair journey and it's always been 1/2 inch, maybe 3/4 inch if I was lucky and it was summer. This is the first time in almost a year that I've ever measured 1 inch in a month.

You hair looks beautiful and healthy so whatever you are doing must be working. Congrads on growing 1" in a month that a goal I am hoping to be able to meet.

I started working out last Tuesday for 50 minutes a day in our fitness center. I do a round robin of eliptical, recumbent cycle and several passes on the some of the weight machines, higher reps at low weights. My weight has crept up there a bit and I have two rather formals things in June and I need to fit in my little black dress. My hair, though, has benefitted greatly from this. In addition to losing eight pounds already (beginners luck, I know) my hair seems thicker, lusher and healthier for some reason. I am sweating alot and I mean alot and I am CO washing my hair every night, but I was doing that anyway. The only thing I can think of is that I am sweating out alot of toxins and that is good for the whole body. If doing that gets me an inch a month, that will be icing on the cake because I intend to be fine this summer.

RainbowCurls said:
I want to lose some weight, get fit and tone up but exercise hurts and has really slow results... I just don't have the willpower to stick with it :ohwell:

Maybe if I see my hair growing super fast, that might help motivate me! (Instant gratification is what I need!)

Sadly, those are my sentiments as well. :(

That is awesome! I think the less you worry about your hair (while still taking care of it) the more it grows!

Congrats on the success and thanks for sharing. It truly is motivation to continue trying to be healthier.

Back