1-1-08 to 1-1-09 Anything Goes Challenge

Hey Bre, looks like you have enough people to start the challenge in January:woot:. I plan to keep my hair in twists for most of '08. I'm looking forward to reaching APL in '08 with you lovely ladies:grin:.

:yep: It's on and crackalackin ladies. Look for the thread the first week in January! Just think, when we compare our pics from jan 08 to the pics from jan 09 for most of us we are going to be very pleased. Remember, this challenge isn't specific to what you can/can't do. It's just to show ourselves, plus others that will become members next year that one little year can make a world of difference if your are caring for your hair the way you should.

I'm in, bre!!!

I think this perfect for me having just bc'd. It'll be great to track how much progress I make in a year.:yep:

since i have trouble showing my hair in the back
and i dont want to straighten it right now,
i'm just going to pull a certain section of hair to the front
and have that be my main "show" for updates and such
for the first part of the challenge

and of course when i straighten in may
you'll all see the length all around!

and we'll use that picture as a marker
for the 2nd half of the year

oh hey...
actually i got the kenra as a leave-in thing from this board
i would have never even thought to use it (or any other deep conditioner)
as a leave-in until i read about a few people here using it.

anyway...i just use it after a wash on wet hair
or i'll just leave some from the wash in my hair

(oh, if i use extra out of the bottle, i mix it with a little water because of course it's thick and i kind of want it to mix into my hair more easily)

i dig it.

as for the silk infusion
i just rub it on my hair
when i want a little extra softness

some people just use it when they're using heat on their hair

i wouldnt suggest using it TOO much because it's cone-city

Thank you Run!!!!!

me too. I lo mani strictly every other week, and on the coresponding week, I try not to comb it, but every other day i co wash and apply mn..it gave me one inch a month in the past, hopefully I can grow out this perm in no time. I'm falling in love with my new growth and cant wait until im fully natural. i miss my curls :yep::yep:

I'm in. I haven't been documenting my progress (and/or setbacks :lachen:). This will be a documentation exercise for myself.

i think this is the year for me to really pay attention to what i do to my hair and the progress. staying consistent and being gentle and where it's at. it WILL pay off!

best wishes everyonnnnnnnne

update:

since i joined the bootcamp challenge for all 4 sessions...i will not be heat straightening in may 2008. i'll just do a pull down to show length.

You had me at no rules.
Count me in. I know Im alredy in athousand challenges but I think this is the one I can keep.

I'm in. Can I post my fat iron hair from dec, because I only flat iron my hair once every 2 months? I can do the natural pics though. :yep:

I'm in; however, I am currently wearing a full sew-in weave and won't be able to post my starting pics until the end of January or 1st week of February.

Back