Zero shedding for 2 and half months so far

Spongebob

I shaved off my TBL hair in early January, in a moment of madness, don't ask. But the thing that boggls my mind is that I have NO shedding whatsoever. i have lost not a single strand of hair, not in the shower, not on my pillow. I am literally looking for a ONE strand to measure my hair growth but I'm not shedding. i remember being really gentle with my hair and even finger de tangling would cause me to lose hair, I would shed crazy amounts on a weekly basis on wash day. Now I can't even find 1 strand, is there an explanation for this?

I shaved off my TBL hair in early January, in a moment of madness, don't ask. But the thing that boggls my mind is that I have NO shedding whatsoever. i have lost not a single strand of hair, not in the shower, not on my pillow. I am literally looking for a ONE strand to measure my hair growth but I'm not shedding. i remember being really gentle with my hair and even finger de tangling would cause me to lose hair, I would shed crazy amounts on a weekly basis on wash day. Now I can't even find 1 strand, is there an explanation for this?

IMO your hair is brand new and probably short enough to where your shed hairs can fall out while you are out and about. You basically can't experience breakage because your hair is too young and healthy, and the shed hair may be escaping by itself. Do you co-wash more frequently now with the shorter hair?

I read a study a couple of years ago that reported that split ends do not begin until a human hair reaches a certain length. This is in addition to the fact hair that short hasn't had time to suffer any sort of significant cuticle damage barring extreme treatment.

That was me when I shaved my hair. I had no shedding at all and I was like lalalala. I even bragged about it. Now that I am into my 10th month, I am now seeing those hairs not a lot but it is there. It is normal to shed after your hair grows to a certain length.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Back