YUMMY HAIR!

willie525

Hi Everyone!

I'm going to visit my significant other in three weeks and I need to know what products make you hair smell the FRESHEST, CLEANEST, and most DELICIOUS?! I want something that has a scent that lingers so he'll have something to remember me. lol :)

Oh, and is it okay to spray body splash or perfume on your hair. I know they have alcohol but would one time hurt? Thanks ladies!

I like Bumble and bumble super rich shampoo and conditioner, it smells like clovers and flowers, I always get a compliment. And I don't think that giving your hair alittle spritz will hurt, just don't get out of control, maybee spray the air, high, stay, and walk away. :)

Well the scent doesn't last forever, but if you use this and really let the conditioner sit for awhile it'll linger, and to add to that it made my hair super soft; it's a really nice line. And I even have use a dime sized amount as a leave in. A little pricey, but IMO worth it. And if you do spray don't forget to spray the nape so it'll linger after you're gone

Victoria's Secret So Sexy conditioner-the scent stays for days even through workouts...plus BF won't stop sniffing me when I wear it. :lol:

I can think of other amazingly nice smelling products, but the scent of the VS stays the longest.

Divine Inspiration said:
Victoria's Secret So Sexy conditioner-the scent stays for days even through workouts...plus BF won't stop sniffing me when I wear it. :lol:

I can think of other amazingly nice smelling products, but the scent of the VS stays the longest.

I have to co-sign on this. I bought some back in January when they were having their sale and it's exactly like the name says..."So Sexy"!:lol:

It's not a light, clean scent though. It's perfume-y and sexy. Which may be what you're looking for since you're going to visit your SO? :lol:

That mizani night treatment smells pretty good:look: When I use small amount at night, the next day it keeps my hair smelling good all day.

MizAvalon said:
I have to co-sign on this. I bought some back in January when they were having their sale and it's exactly like the name says..."So Sexy"!:lol:

It's not a light, clean scent though. It's perfume-y and sexy. Which may be what you're looking for since you're going to visit your SO? :lol:

Exactly. It's not that fresh, summery smell...it's a stilettos and low inhibitions type scent. :lol: Still, it's nice, and it will definitely make men go, "Mmm...what is that smell?" :yep:

Divine Inspiration said:
Exactly. It's not that fresh, summery smell...it's a stilettos and low inhibitions type scent. :lol: Still, it's nice, and it will definitely make men go, "Mmm...what is that smell?" :yep:

Too funny. :lachen:

I've got a bottle I've gotta use and see how my hubby likes it. :grin:

Divine Inspiration said:

This is just the product I was coming to post. Victoria's Secret So Sexy Conditioner smells just that....So Sexy!

Divine Inspiration said:

Sounds like every women should have a bottle of this;)

ylang-ylang (ohweee), honeysuckle (yum) and/or jasmine (ohlala) essential oils are niiiiiice also ;)

i like to add a few drops of either of those to anything i put in my hair every now and again. i also add a few drops to unscented hand and body lotions (yea even the vasoline i use on my feet LOL).

Humecto! Even though it does nothing for my new growth, the smell is exactly what you described you wanted. The smell stays in your hair until you wash it if you deep condition with it for at least 20-45 minutes (well I've never gone past 3 days of washing after using it but you get the idea :) ).

So sexy conditioner by VC gets my vote as well :yep:. I got a sample and tried it and instantly fell in love...my hair smelled so wonderful the whole day.

I wanna get me some of the Vicky's so sexy con you guys are talking about. Sounds delicious! I'm looking at the web site right now.
Does it matter if I buy the volumizing, nourishing or balancing?? :confused:

I'm shooting myself in the foot because I think when I was cleaning out my all my products, I threw it away. I had a nice lil travel size bottle too. :( But I do have the SO SEXY serum so I guess I will use that.

KEWLKAT103 said:
I wanna get me some of the Vicky's so sexy con you guys are talking about. Sounds delicious! I'm looking at the web site right now.
Does it matter if I buy the volumizing, nourishing or balancing?? :confused:

I have the nourishing...I think they all smell the same though.

Another vote for VS So Sexy.
I have the shampoo and conditioner and gets lots of compliments on these products.

Hi Ladies,
GREAT NEWS AND TO ANSWER THE POST: I guess this is my opportunity to inform you all about a venture that I have been working on for awhile. I am in the process of marketing a new line promoting INSPIRATIONAL beauty and wellbeing especially for women of color. One of the first products to be come out is for healthy smell good hair. I am in love with scents and love hair that smells good. I am launching this product soon but it takes awhile to really formulate, patent, and all that good stuff. Keep a lookout for my future posts. I will give the full spill later. This is just a sneak peek for you all as well as confirmation that many ladies want hair that looks and smells BEAUTIFUL! Hopefully things will be finalized before the summer. Anyone wanting more info is welcome to pm and give your input. It's something we've all been waiting for- YUMMY HAIR! :)
Just a note, don't use perfume, body sprays, or anything with alcohol in your hair, it will dry it out.

Last edited:
Letitia said:
This is just the product I was coming to post. Victoria's Secret So Sexy Conditioner smells just that....So Sexy!

I swear by this. I've been using the So Sexy line for over 2 years now and I can't get enough of it. They even have a hair cream now that I use sometimes if I can't get to wash. Gives me back my So Sexy smell.

Hey Queenspence sounds awesome:) !!! Why are good smelling, fresh scented shampoos and conditioners only marketed in the caucasian brands ?:perplexed I for one am a sistah that likes clean smelling fresh fruity, or flowery smelling hair... My dh likes to snuggle (like all of our dh's and so's):lol: and get close to my hair, on the nights that I am not using mtg or boundless tresses I want him to smell a nice fragrant clean smell!! I love co-washing daily for this effect, it gives me that fresh smell.... So a line for our hair that is great smelling yet good to our textures is welcomed.. Keep us posted!!! And Good Luck!!

You could also try Bath and Body Works shampoos and conditioners. They have scents that match their body sprays/soaps/lotions. They leave a nice lingering scent that I love. They have moisturizing and volumizing.:p

So is the consensus that the Vicky Secret shampoos also leave your hair soft?

Also, does the bath and body works leave your hair feeling soft and moisturized as well?

willie525 said:
So is the consensus that the Vicky Secret shampoos also leave your hair soft?

Also, does the bath and body works leave your hair feeling soft and moisturized as well?

I've never used the shampoo, only the conditioner. It leaves my hair soft I guess, but I only mix it in with other products because a dollop is all I need to get the scent.

I did not know they had a hair cream. Thanks for the info sweetcashew.

sweetcashew said:
I swear by this. I've been using the So Sexy line for over 2 years now and I can't get enough of it. They even have a hair cream now that I use sometimes if I can't get to wash. Gives me back my So Sexy smell.

Im in the same boat as Divine. I only use the conditioners and they do not strip my hair. In fact I think its adds a little to the bounce factor. But the best thing is that there are prob at least 6 different scents. :p

Letitia said:
I did not know they had a hair cream. Thanks for the info sweetcashew.

The cream gives you flexible hold. I use it when I do a quick flexi rod set on dry hair. Within an hr I get big bouncy curls that last all day.

I have to say I love BB Moisturizing Growth Lotion, Cantu Daily Shea Butter moisturizing lotion, Silicon Mix, and Humecto.

Back