You've got to try this

HOTCHOCOLATE

You\'ve got to try this

Hi, I've mostly been lurking and learning from you guys, but when I tried this I had to share: Pre-shampoo Hot oil treatment----combined: Nasabb's Unrefined Shea Butter, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Pure Grapeseed Oil. I then heated this mixture in the microwave then applied to my hair and left on for 1 hour (exercise time). I then rinsed and shampooed and reconditioned with Mizani "Moisturfuse" as usually. My hair has never been this moist, soft and shiny in a very, very long time. I can't stop touching my hair /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

I believe this mixture is going to be something I can't "grow" without. I just wanted to share---sometimes I feel guilty when I lurk and learn from you guys, now I'm GUILT FREE.

Re: You\'ve got to try this

Hey Hotchocolate,

If I haven't said hello yet, Hi! Thanks for that bit of info. I'm always looking for new things to try and I think I'll try this. thanks!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HotChocolate! Your routine sounds so similar to what I just did last night.

I heated olive oil in the microwave, left it on the hair for an hour or so with hair pinned up (was GOING to exercise but was too lazy lol!!!). Then conditioned with Mizani Moisturefuse (mixed with a little olive oil). Hair came out very moisturized and noticeably smoother on the ends.

Funny how similar our routines were /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanx for sharing Hotchocolate. I agree that nasaab's unrefined shea butter is five-star. I bought three containers of it. Hopefully it will last me the winter, but with the way I use this stuff up... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where did you get Nasaab's shea butter? I currently order mine from Nature's Wildchild.

BRH: Try adding the shea butter and I believe you will notice a big difference /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I ordered the unrefined shea butter online:
www.nasabb.com

I bought 3 8oz jars/$44 and I received my order in 3 days.

GREAT give me another reason to want to go out and spend money I don't have!!! Also FNWL has Shea butter cheaper (8 oz. $5, 2lbs. $14) and I've been pleased with their products and service.

BrownRelaxedHair, did you pick up the Mizani Moisturefuse at a beauty supply store, or did you have to order it on the web?

Kitkat, forgive the intrusion, but JC Penny's sells Mizani and so does Trade Secret.

daviine,

I live in New York(the suburbs) and you can usually find "Trade Secret" in various malls. Hope this helps!

HotChocolate,

Thanks for recommending that shea butter. I just ordered a small size! I'll add it to my olive oil /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll let you know how it goes. I've been looking to try shea butter on my hair for a long time so your rec. came at the right time

I've tried something like that with the shea butter and the olive oil, carrot oil together so you have a great mixture.Your mixture sounds good to me.

Due to someone's earlier post in the Skin Care section of this site, I ordered the Nasabb www.nasabb.com sample pack over a month ago. Loved the Black Soap, Honey & Oatmeal Soap and have been using the Shea Butter. Has anyone used that Kelechi oil (for hot oil treatments, etc.)? I sprayed a little of the sample I got on my hair, but it was VERY oily. I emailed Nasabb to see if they would tell me EXACTLY what was in that oil, but they wouldn't. They just said that it was PURE OILS with essential oils...hmmm, wonder which ones?

Last night I gave myself an overnight hot oil treatment with the Nasabb shea butter mixed with some other hair stuff (jojoba oil, rosemary infusion...). I washed my hair and now have Queen Helene Cholesterol in it mixed with honey (I'm home right now). Sitting under the dryer as I type.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

By the way, I placed another order with Nasabb a couple of days ago for more black soap, honey oatmeal soap and a container of the shea butter (unrefined). I agree their service is tops! I ordered it at around 11pm one night and at around 12ish they had already emailed me to say that it had SHIPPED!!! I'll probably get it today or tomorrow.

Thanks to whoever initially posted about Nasabb. (BTW- I also ordered a shea butter and a black soap from another company called www.africansheabutter.com to compare the products.)

That mixture sounds really nice hotchocolate maybe I try that mix real soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I see that you are from Texas, I'm from Texas as well. What parts are you from? Happy Growing! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the info ladies. I also live in Texas..... what a big state. I live in north west Lubbock is the city.

Constance

Blkmane---I'm curious to find out---how did the honey and QH cholesterol turn out?

Well, my hair was EXTREMELY shiny when I rinsed the QH and honey out. I mean like shiiiiiiiiny. I would have taken a picture, but my camera is so crappy it wouldn't have been clear.

(Note to self: Buy a DECENT digital camera)

Unfortunately I didn't have time to rollerset, so I put some Africa's Best Liquid Hair Mayo, Kiehl's, and Jojoba Oil in my hair and put it back in a bun.

That's what happened to me too!!! I said this in another thread but I thought my hair was still wet!!!!!

Now I know for sure I wasn't imagining or that it wasn't a coincidence!!

Back