You Said You Wanted to See My Natural Hair! Here Goes!! (PICS)

Ediese

You Said You Wanted to See My Natural Hair! Here Goes!! (PIC HEAVY)

For those of you that are not familiar with my hair journey, let me give a quick recap. I stopped relaxing my hair in November 06, but I didn't start taking care of it until September 07. That's when I found the hair boards. I've been able to transition without any problems by protective styling with my weaves and other various styles. I went from neck/chin length in February 07, to shoulder length in September 07, and from APL in February 08, to BSL in December 08. I'm currently back to APL since my mini chop.

I hope you guys enjoy sharing my journey with me. I know it's a lot of pics, so I hope you won't mind.:blush: It will take a few seconds for all the pics to load. I'm so happy to be free of my ends. I think if I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing. I've really enjoyed my journey to natural hair. My next goal is to be a WL natural. I can't wait!:yep:

November 06

February 07

September 07

December 07

August/September 08

December 08

My hair is pressed bone straight on the right. It's pass the hole when stretched.

February 09 (cut 3")

March 09
(first time I flat iron my hair myself)

Last edited:
April 09

(went to salon 4/9 to get my hair evened up. She trimmed 2" to 3" in some spots. It was so funny because she wanted me to hold on to some relaxed pieces in the front and on the sides that I didn't even know I still had. I had to firmly tell her to get rid of it. lol)

This was my hair when I walked into the salon.

This was my hair after.

First afro

Experimenting w/Lustre Cholesterol

(this is when I just applied it without detangling 1st)

(after I detangled with my denman)

(after I washed it out the next morning)
wet hair

dry hair

Last edited:
Wow, that is amazing progress!! :clap: Pictures like these help me to stay focused on my goals! Thanks for posting!!

Nape growth journey
Suffered from serious breakage due to overprocessing with relaxers and hair color. This is what prompted me to stop relaxing. Here are pics of my nape growth after I stopped relaxing.

These pics were taken 06/06/08. I wish my camera phone had better picture quality.

This is my nape today.

Last edited:
My Protective Styles
(styles that helped me with my transition)

Weaves

Buns​

Bantu Knots

Flexirods​

After curls dropped

Braidouts

I'm thinking I should have left it like this instead of kept picking it out, but I didnt' like the length.

Lacefront wig

Shingling

French braid

Banana Comb

Last edited:
Can't see the natural pics but I'm sure they're pretty :sad:...

eta: I see them now...your hair looks great!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. These pics are definitely an illustration of your hair journey. You have done a wonderful job with your hair.

I am going to have to come back later this evening to really look at these(feeling a little discouraged attempting to transitionin).

Girl you are working those curls ever-which-way. I love the way you have incorporated protective styling into your routine along the way. Protective styling is and will continue to be the key to my sanity during my natural hair journey, and key for my length retention over time.

Very good job of chronicling your journey through pictures!! :yep: :up:

GOOOOOOODNESS GRACIOUS!! INSPIRATIONAL IS ALL I CAN SAY!!! WOW!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR HAIR JOURNEY!! THANKS EDIESE!! :thankyou:

DO YOU EVER HAVE A BAD HAIR DAY. PROBABLY NOT..

you were one of my transitioning inspirations. But I couldnt hang as long as you.

Anyway, your hair journey is so inspiring! awesome progress and beautiful hair!

Thank you ladies! You guys are SO awesome. I will say that although I decided to transition prior to the hair boards, if it wasn't for support that I received from LHCF and BHM I would have relaxed looooonnnnnggggg before now. I've seen so many inspirational heads, and received so many words of support that I'm so thankful to you guys!

It's amazing for me to think that five+ years ago my idea of me being beautiful was MBL blonde hair, and grey contacts. I was a chronic relaxer. I use to get so irritated when I saw any hint of kinkiness. I've grown so much since then, and have gotten so comfortable in myself. This has been such a milestone. Thank you ladies!!!!

I have to agree with everyone else, you have some beautiful hair and wonderful progress ! You were the first person I took notice of when I joined the hair boards and you are still my inspiration ! LOVE YOUR HAIR

Back