You Know You Have Too Many Products When...

Eisani

Okay, so I think my momma was ready to whoop my butt today and I really wasn't trying to be funny :lachen:! She came over for me to color her hair w/some Color Showers (I luv my Marvin Gaye fan club buddy :grin:!!) and after she rinsed she said "I need that 10 en 1." I say okay, go get it and bring it back to her. I'm already kinda confused because she's already doing a DC. She looks at the bottle and was like "Not this. 11 en 1 maybe?" So I take it back, go get the 11 en 1 and she stops me mid-stride "Unh-unh, that's not what I'm talking about. Go get me that 12 en 1!" I go back to the graveyard (per TIffers), dig out the 12 en 1 and I'm REALLY like what the heck?! but I bring it upstairs anyway and she looks over the top of her glasses from under the dryer and said "Now ya just being funny! You know what stuff I used last time to moisturize! It's in a spray bottle, something in 1!!" I'm like what the...:scratchch OHHH! She meant the HS 14 in 1 :lachen::lachen:I was like "Mami, you gotta be specific, you know I have a lot of stuff and can't remember what I use, let alone someone else!" If she would've said spray bottle in the first place I would've known. Maybe.

I know I have too many products any time someone can ask for 10 en 1, 11 en 1 and 12 en 1 and I have all of them! Got 9 en 1 too :look:

What are your telltale signs that you have entirely TOO MUCH STUFF?

Ooh we that so funny she went down the list:lachen::lachen::lachen:sounds like she was getting ready to hurt you.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

You should be ashamed! :lachen:

So which do you like the best out of all the ''in 1's''? :sekret:

And I'm :grin: that your mom likes 14 in 1!!!!!

Wow!I'm really behind:nono: I thought I was doing something because I have the 10 en 1. Didnt know it was a series:sad:...Guess I need to go shopping after Christmas now:wallbash:

P.S. Whats the difference?

lol i have a similar story

you know you have too many products when you have one or more pieces of furnutre dedicated to housing your hair stuff alone

you know you have too many producs when no one in your house(and even friends) bothers to buy hair products for them elves. they come and ask you for stuff or just take whats lying in the stash

you have too many products when you forget what mixture of stuff you put on your hair to acheive a style or look.

wow, I know I have too many when I have to store my hair stuff all over the house. I got a cabinet in the kitchen, a shelf in the bathroom, and one dresser is stocked full,

funny!!! :lachen: Just go ahead and open up a lil beauty salon on the side E!! LOL!

I think I have too many products, because I actually HAVE most of those items that you mentioned....:look: with the exception of the 14 en 1...and what in the world is 9 en 1??!

You are a mess!! :lol:

btw---I used the 12 en 1 deep conditioner for the first time tonight----it smells like bubble gum! I like it! :lick:

Funny story! You know you have too many products when your reading through a thread and you're like, " I got that, got that, and that.":lachen:

When you have products everywhere in your room with you, lol. In the bed, under the bed, in the closet, on the dresser, in the armoire, in your sterlite drawer cart. (i have a very junky room). I ran out of room along time ago and now i started putting some in shopping bags, i have about 4-5 bags floading around.

The strange thing is that i always seem to keep track of what i have and don't have. There were plenty of times a family member when mention interest in a product and a would bring it over the next time i saw them.

I remember when my cousin decided to start her haircare journey i brought over a shopping bag full of products and told her a little bit about each one, lol. And you know i surely took each and every one of them with me when i got ready to leave.:look:

Why did I think Eisani made this thread for me? See, I'm not the only one!! lol

I got a great one, when everytime you go to take something out of the supply closet, bottles and jars come a~tumbling down cause you have stuff stacked precariously on top of one another so you can maximize space. Then you go, aww *** it, I'll pick it up when I finish my hair.

Your bff's and close relatives come to your house with some ailing problem, and you go "I'll be right back" dig in your closet and come back with a "hair prescription" and tell them how to use it. And it works.

Ooh we that so funny she went down the list:lachen::lachen::lachen:sounds like she was getting ready to hurt you.
I really think she was :grin:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

You should be ashamed! :lachen:

So which do you like the best out of all the ''in 1's''? :sekret:

And I'm :grin: that your mom likes 14 in 1!!!!!
Girl mom loves 14 in 1. I reminded her that I had gave her some before a while back before the packaging change. She didn't remember. The other en 1's are Dominican DC's and rinses while the 14 in 1 is the one you know about. My fave is the 11 en 1, all day!

Wow!I'm really behind:nono: I thought I was doing something because I have the 10 en 1. Didnt know it was a series:sad:...Guess I need to go shopping after Christmas now:wallbash:

P.S. Whats the difference?
It's not a series, really. They're all different brands. The number I guess indicates how many different ingredients are in each one.

lol i have a similar story

you know you have too many products when you have one or more pieces of furnutre dedicated to housing your hair stuff alone

you know you have too many producs when no one in your house(and even friends) bothers to buy hair products for them elves. they come and ask you for stuff or just take whats lying in the stash

you have too many products when you forget what mixture of stuff you put on your hair to acheive a style or look
YES!! I do this all the time. I was getting better by journaling but that took too long so now I try not to use more than two products so I can remember :grin:.

funny!!! :lachen: Just go ahead and open up a lil beauty salon on the side E!! LOL!

I think I have too many products, because I actually HAVE most of those items that you mentioned....:look: with the exception of the 14 en 1...and what in the world is 9 en 1??!

You are a mess!! :lol:

btw---I used the 12 en 1 deep conditioner for the first time tonight----it smells like bubble gum! I like it! :lick:
Um, yea. You're an undercover PJ. 9 en 1 is a DC made by Greit'Oll, the same makers of 12 en 1. Speaking of, I may have to check out the 12 en 1 DC. I didn't like the rinse-at all! :nono:
Funny story! You know you have too many products when your reading through a thread and you're like, " I got that, got that, and that.":lachen:

The strange thing is that i always seem to keep track of what i have and don't have. There were plenty of times a family member when mention interest in a product and a would bring it over the next time i saw them.

I remember when my cousin decided to start her haircare journey i brought over a shopping bag full of products and told her a little bit about each one, lol. And you know i surely took each and every one of them with me when i got ready to leave.:look:
:lachen:Why can I see you now, getting ready to leave like "Alright, then..." as you're packing up your stuff :lachen:. That's some mess I would do too.

Why did I think Eisani made this thread for me? See, I'm not the only one!! lol

I got a great one, when everytime you go to take something out of the supply closet, bottles and jars come a~tumbling down cause you have stuff stacked precariously on top of one another so you can maximize space. Then you go, aww *** it, I'll pick it up when I finish my hair.

Your bff's and close relatives come to your house with some ailing problem, and you go "I'll be right back" dig in your closet and come back with a "hair prescription" and tell them how to use it. And it works.
Well, if the heating cap fits...:look:. Something is always falling out and dropping on my toe :lachen:. Seems like everytime someone mentions a hair/scalp issue my famous words "I got something for that." I say it so much that if my SO is around, he'll say "Oh, she got something for that" and roll his eyes. Punk. :giggle:

Funniest mess ever today, I kid you not. My friend's brother is in prison and sent a letter to me along w/his sister's which she gave me today and he had a note in there talking about I might wanna get some carrot oil for DD's edges to keep them from breaking and thinning :look:. I just busted out laughing like no his sucka is not giving hair advice from "the inside" not to mention, dd's edges are fine-literally and figuratively- and blonde...she has no breakage or bald spots. Anyhoo, I told my friend he clearly don't know bout me and she was like send him a picture of that BSS in your basement. He won't say anything else :lachen:. I think I'm going to send the pic along w/a whole breakdown of all the oils I already use. Maybe we can talk about it in future correspondence :laugh:

yeah that's bad you had each item she named lol!!!! I have too many products, i'm about to have a clearance sale on here to get them out of my house! one head 20+ products! makes no sense.
and then your nice because I don't let anyone use my products no one! my husband used up one of my lacio lacio's and he got cursed out! i'm like you don't have any hair why, and he's like it makes my hair feel nice! wtf! lol!!!!

10e06qx.gif

lol at this thread...
When I was away at school my mom called me to ask what she should do about her shedding.She pulled out the big purple tub and got to naming stuff off because I forgot what I left at her house.She love her some ORS and kenra:lachen::lachen:

oh and lets not forget about my 4 year old niece who is always trying to sweet talk me for some moisturizer."I sholl wouldn't mind seein' whats in that bottle aunt elle...."Yeah I just bet you wouldn't.:rolleyes:

Cute funny story!!

I started putting stuff in boxes according to what they do. I have a rinse out cond. box, a leave-in cond. box, a shampoo/Ayer. powders box, an oils/butters box. It's sickening. I'm definitely shopping my own stash these days, with minimal additions. :look:

I got home today after 1.5 months away, ya'll should see the stash I amassed while away, I don't even want to bring the over-stuffed, rolling duffel bag in the house. Where the heck am I gonna put it all?

Last edited:
yeah that's bad you had each item she named lol!!!! I have too many products, i'm about to have a clearance sale on here to get them out of my house! one head 20+ products! makes no sense.
and then your nice because I don't let anyone use my products no one! my husband used up one of my lacio lacio's and he got cursed out! i'm like you don't have any hair why, and he's like it makes my hair feel nice! wtf! lol!!!!
I'm like that w/SO. I remember when we had a lil uh...misunderstanding :look: about my SitriNillah. I was ready to beat him up! Putting in his goatee...he needs to cut that nanny goat piece off his chin :lachen:He gets soooo mad when I call it the nanny goat :laugh:
oh and lets not forget about my 4 year old niece who is always trying to sweet talk me for some moisturizer."I sholl wouldn't mind seein' whats in that bottle aunt elle...."Yeah I just bet you wouldn't.:rolleyes:
Aww, she's wants her hair to be beautiferous too like her ti-ti's :)

I'm like that w/SO. I remember when we had a lil uh...misunderstanding :look: about my SitriNillah. I was ready to beat him up! Putting in his goatee...he needs to cut that nanny goat piece off his chin :lachen:He gets soooo mad when I call it the nanny goat :laugh:

Aww, she's wants her hair to be beautiferous too like her ti-ti's :)
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
OMG! I thought my grandma was the only person who said nanny goat! She used to say, "he ain't got the sense God gave a nanny goat." If I say that, people look at me like, wth is a nanny goat. Too funny.

I am trying to give away a bunch of stuff this weekend. I'm sticking with my HairVeda stuff, with the exception of my MegaTek and my Mane Attraction.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
OMG! I thought my grandma was the only person who said nanny goat! She used to say, "he ain't got the sense God gave a nanny goat." If I say that, people look at me like, wth is a nanny goat. Too funny.

I am trying to give away a bunch of stuff this weekend. I'm sticking with my HairVeda stuff, with the exception of my MegaTek and my Mane Attraction.
Granny up on it :lachen:There were these coats people used to wear up here back in the day we called nanny goats too :rolleyes:.

10-en-1 to 14 in 1, that's funny:-D

For me, when you have a choice of 5 conditioners, 2 DT's, 5 leave-ins, 3 butters and 2 gels. And they are all good and in rotation. No product graveyard

lol. i have one.

i know i have too much stuff because whenever i ask my male friend to do me a favor before i can even tell him what im talking about his response is always "you dont need anything else, i just got you some whipped creamy mess. are you wearing the creamy mess i got you? when you finish that i'll get you something else."

and if someone has a headache in my house my dad always says "che got something for it, its just gonna get in that scalp anyways".

......When you tell someone you gotta pick up a package and they roll their eyes and ask you "Is it hair products"?

.....When you place an order and do not remember what it was until you open the box

.....When you just ordered and you have the next 3-4 orders already planned so you don't run out

.....When you have products in your fridge, hall closet, under the bathroom sink, on the sink, next to the sink, under your vanity in your bedroom

....When your SO asks to have a bottle of CON and you say no although you have 7 bottles and then your momma says you're mean and then you finally give it to him but you were still reluctant ( I think this speaks more to me having issues rather than having too many products)

......When you tell someone you gotta pick up a package and they roll their eyes and ask you "Is it hair products"?

.....When you place an order and do not remember what it was until you open the box

.....When you just ordered and you have the next 3-4 orders already planned so you don't run out

.....When you have products in your fridge, hall closet, under the bathroom sink, on the sink, next to the sink, under your vanity in your bedroom

....When your SO asks to have a bottle of CON and you say no although you have 7 bottles and then your momma says you're mean and then you finally give it to him but you were still reluctant ( I think this speaks more to me having issues rather than having too many products)

This is me all the time. I've even done that on here w/the exchange. Someone will send a PM saying they mailed my things and I'm like "Eh?" Then I have to back track and see what I ordered. I'd completely forgot about my Hennasooq order until I saw the package in the mail!

Umm, why does SO need a whole BOTTLE of CON? I mean, for what? Do he got 5 on it? :lachen:

I know I have to many hair products is when I want to wash my hair, I need to first look under the sink in the bathroom, next on the side of my tub, next the linen closet, next my tote in the bedroom, next under the sink in the kitchen, next on top of the refrigerator, and finally stop in the refrigertor to find the products I want to use that day to wash and dc and moisturize my hair!!!!:perplexed:ohwell::drunk::spinning::nono:

I know i have too many products when it takes me 30 minutes just to decide what products I will use for my wash n set... Luckily I've found my staples and I am giving away everything else; most brand new,lol

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Back