You know what?

jerseyjill

I just did my texturizer touch up and my breakage and shedding is a heart breaker. I use Affirm mild and I bought CON shampoo and conditioner. I just did an Aphogee about 3 weeks back.
So now I am desperate - this is my last hope-
I'm going to:
1. Buy a shower filter - ( water is sort of hard)
2. Go on a ten day fast. ( I need it anyway - good for the colon and I put on about 10 lbs. in the past year)
3. Exercise - I stopped working to go back to school and have significantly slowed down in my everyday routine. I need to exercise because my metabolism is coming to a halt.
4. Im going to go back to my biotin and multivitamins. Stop half stepping with them.

Girls - if this doesnt work - I will shave it off!! It's a shame because it's a decent length but I hate to touch my hair when it is wet ( Ill put up pics, I swear) - it just stays on my hand instead of my head.

Sorry about the rant - but the boyfriend doesn't get it - and I know you girls do!

Ciao
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that the filter helps. The only other that comes to mind is the level of dryness. Does your hair seem drier then before? Maybe a good hot oil or deep conditioner would work.

I'm sorry to hear that too /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Your plan sounds OK, but be careful with the fast- you may be able to replenish some of the nutrients lost by taking the vitamins, but I'm not 100% sure. Hang in there girl!!!

SG

Please don't shave it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Trust me, the last few days I've been thinking about just cutting it all off myself just to keep from wathching it break off. But I am determined to find a regimine and the products that work with my hair. If it all breaks off, I will at least know what doesn't work for me. So as it starts to grow back at least it will grow back healthy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks alot girls. I appreciate the support. It is morning and dry now. It breaks less when it is dry. And yes dryness is an issue with my hair - seems to lead to brittleness thus breakage. I'm going to stick faithful to my Sta Sof Fro and see if I can rebound!!

Ciao

My only suggestion is a good clarifying treatment and a good moisture conditioner. Maybe with the hard water, your hair isn't getting the full benefit of the moisture. Also too much protein will make your hair snap off. I hope things improve for you soon! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care,
G

Back