Yogurt + Molasses = Blinging Hair *LOADS of PICS*

bebezazueta

Hello,

Newbie here experimented with some expired greek yogurt and very old molasses. I mixed it will until it was a milk chocolate color and applied to hair that I shampooed with the African black soap bar (I love it). I applied it like a relaxer to the entire length of my hair, covered with a plastic bag and let sit for an hour. I rinsed out with cold water and applied the leave ins shown in the picture. I AIRDRIED my hair by combing it into the style and tying with a satin scarf and twisting the ends in a loose bun and when it was 70% dry, I combed it into a wrap and tied down with my satin scarf overnite. All I did this morning was comb it down and added my accessory pins to the front.

NO Rollersetting, no hooded dryer, no blowdryer, no flatrion, no curling iron!

I'm so happy I can airdry now cause the rollersets was causing breakage due to me rolling too tight since hair shrinks when it dries.

I hope the pics help and I will definitely be using this weekly to simplify my complex reggie!:lol:

Leesha

Attachments

• yogurt molasses.jpg
    yogurt molasses.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 326
  • leave ins.jpg
    leave ins.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 318
  • bling hair 1.jpg
    bling hair 1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 423
  • bling hair front.jpg
    bling hair front.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 392
  • bling hair back.jpg
    bling hair back.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 374
You have some serious bling.. Pretty.. Gotta love to get shine like that with no rollersetting, blow drying or flat ironing.

your hair looks so nice,the shine is amazing!
i actually just tried molasses today for the first time, i was looking for a natural way to make my hair a little darker&shiny. i used the same molasses you used, i used it as a pre poo- i mixed it with my suave almond conditioner&coconut oil&tea tree oil. i let it sit for about 1hr then i rinsed it out with mizzani botanifying shampoo.then i conditioned my hair w/Silcon mix for about 30min and i rinsed it out.
i cant say if my hair is shinier[is that how you spell shinier..?.it doesnt look right..lol..anyway..] because i put my hair in 6 braids right after i rinsed the silcon mix out.But it did feel a lot stronger. when i take my braids out tommorow morning i'll take pics&post them.

i think im going to try mixing the molasses with yogurt next time though

Ok... the shine is blinding my eyes! Your hair looks sooo healthy. I can't believe you got that kind of shine from an airdry.

Looks good, nice and shiny. What's your hairtype?

I'm 4a I think. I may have some 3c sections

Do you have a relaxer? I am natural and my hair will not do that without heat.

Yes, I am relaxed. Currently 3 weeks post.

OP, would you say your hair is normally dull? Or average sheen?

I wouldn't say my hair is normally dull but if you compare to my siggy pics, there's definitely a difference in shine.

THANKS TO ALL! and I'm attaching a pic of my hair with the leave ins when wet and you can see the shine there too.

Attachments

• bling wet.jpg
    bling wet.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 97
@bebezazueta, Was that tag for me, (Leesh), I ask cause theres also a Leesha, with a "A" on the end, here, but I do believe you and I were conversing about this? But in any case, Girlfriend, Your hair is Gorgeous, absolutely Breathtaking! Now, You know I'm on my way to get the products, but not until you tell me where I can purchase them! TIA!

ETA: This may be asking a lot, and I understand if you cannot, but can you take a pic of how you set it, before you tie the scarf on, the next time you wash? Pretty Please?!!!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this is ok to use after a egg protein treatment? I am asking because I am not sure if this is considered a protein.

Does anyone know if this is ok to use after a egg protein treatment? I am asking because I am not sure if this is considered a protein.

My next go round, I was going to whip in an egg with it also. But I don't have protein overload issues either. I think it depends on your hair needs. I think yogurt is a protein but not a heavy one. I hope someone else chimes in to answer your question.

Thanks

Your hair is gorgeous!
Would you please explain this "I AIRDRIED my hair by combing it into the style and tying with a satin scarf and twisting the ends in a loose bun" more?

Back