Ylang Ylang

Dolapo

K...i just received my ylang ylang essential oil. I bought it because i heard it smelt nice. This oil i received doesnt smell nice....i wanted to add it to my mixture of oils to make it smell nice. i added it and it still doesnt smell nice. can y'all suggest another oil i can add to my mixture? how does rosemary smell? Thanks

I'd prefer rosemary for my hair. I've never cosidered ylang ylang, it may be nice. Try mixing both of them to see what you get.

quietstorm2832 said:
Rosemary oil does not smell good. At least not to me it smells like menthol. Maybe you should try some lavender oil. HTH

I agree. Everytime I use rosemary oil on my scalp, people tell me I smell like medicine or like mint. I find that the smell is kinda strong and very noticeable.

I believe the smell of oils vary from the manufacture & how they make it...
Usually the different strengths & mixtures will give off different sents..
:)

greenidlady1 said:
Rose is always a good one

I second the rose oil although I have not smelled ylang ylang before. I think the rose oil smells much better than the rosemary or lavendar essential oil. Orange oil is another essential oil that has a pleasant smell.

cocopuff said:
I agree. Everytime I use rosemary oil on my scalp, people tell me I smell like medicine or like mint. I find that the smell is kinda strong and very noticeable.

I totally agree. People did not like that scent at all. I have smelled ylang ylang and it doesn't have a very pleasing scent either.

kitty18 said:
I totally agree. People did not like that scent at all. I have smelled ylang ylang and it doesn't have a very pleasing scent either.

I've heard that Patchouli oil smells pretty good and I was thinking about getting a little for myself.

Back