Yet another Maxiglide review (natural 4a head)

kristina

Hi ladies,
Well I finally tried the maxiglide on thursday. To all the pjs looking for any excuse to indulge, I will say that the iron has the potential to make natural 4a hair look like a hard press. But and this is really really important do not even try using the maxiglide unless you blowdry out with a comb attachment first. Because even so much as one tangle and you end up pulling out hair (as I cleaverly discovered). I have hair balls on my floor as proof. So IMO "glide" is a bit misleading. And the ad that says that you don't need to smooth before using is just wrong and for reasons that should have been obvious to me. The pins act like a fine tooth comb. So my advice is either comb out the hair with a fine tooth comb beforehand or just blowdry. My pictures are in the member photo gallery instead of my album (i'm already out of space on Fotki). I didn't do the back well because I was pulling out too much hair (my back hair is way coarser than the front) and it was hurting my feelings. It took me 2.5 hours to get my hair this straight (but like I mentioned, it was because I had to detangle small sections of my hair dry first- i still had some knots from the twists). But I will be using the iron again and am glad I purchased it. I didn't make much of a style because I'm going to be wearing a bun anyway. But I think my hair grew a bit since January so I'm happy.

HMM. interesting...I am still afraid to press right now, though! What exactly is different about the maxi glide and say....a ceramic iron?!

Thanks ladies. I think my results when blowdrying and maxigliding will look straighter than a flat iron. But I don't think there's a huge difference. Also, I didn't notice the burnt hair smell using the Maxiglide.

When using the maxi on my daughter's natural hair, It was slightly damp so there was no need to detangle, only comb through ecah section once before proceeding with the maxi, I think this works better than blowdrying then maxigliding just too much heat.

Thanks for the post. I just got my maxiglide today. I am anxious to see how it does on my hair. You have beautiful hair. Hope, I get the same results you got!

Thanks ladies. Next time I maxiglide and trim (in late May or June) I may just try to detangle better instead of blowdrying. But blowdrying it definately the lazier way to ensure that there aren't any tangles.

Back