WSL and beyond.. how long did it take you to go from bsl to wsl?

blessed7777

Just curious wsl ladies how long did it take you to go from bsl to wsl? I know many of us are bsl or within that range so I think this info would be helpful to give us some light at the end of tunnel. Could you also tell us what regimen you used?

hope more WL girls answer cuz i really want to know too. it looks like im very close to WL so i really want to know. i totally skipped bsl. dont ask me how. one day i looked and i was mbl from apl within months.

keeping it moisturized, and cliping it up. i never had my ends out, never. i washed hair every two-weeks then. i dont know how fast my hair was growing cuz i never checked the length then one day boom, mbl. actually the first picture in my sig is the big monster clips i use to hold up hair, and i tye a band. i didnt know that was protective styling then.

ok i sat and thought about it, it took me about 11months - a year to get there. thats pretty fast for me. ask the other WSL girls, i bet they will say hair grows faster as it gets longer. i know that may sound funny but when you hair past apl, time flys by and your already mbl before you know it..

keeping it moisturized, and cliping it up. i never had my ends out, never. i washed hair every two-weeks then. i dont know how fast my hair was growing cuz i never checked the length then one day boom, mbl. actually the first picture in my sig is the big monster clips i use to hold up hair, and i tye a band. i didnt know that was protective styling then.

This is why I stopped doing length checks so often. I only do them every 6 months. It "appears" as if it grows a lot faster when you're not watching it. A watched pot never boils.

Great job Adora. Beautiful hair.

thanks topnotch. yea i know thats how my hair grow fast, i never knew what length it was until i straighten it. so one day i decided to straighten it for a date. and when the last section was finally straigthen, i saw myself for the first time in mirrow and i almost threw up. dont mean to sound gross but i never new i was mbl untill that day i straightened hair. so i literally passed BSL and went to MBL without knowing.

hope more WL girls answer cuz i really want to know too. it looks like im very close to WL so i really want to know. i totally skipped bsl. dont ask me how. one day i looked and i was mbl from apl within months.
Wow, you po' little dear. I'd Love to have that "problem"
I joined in feb. 2009 at sl and it took a long time to get to apl (most of the year), but now bsb/bsl is knocking loudly, so I understand how you can miss a length in the process. But I want your problem Adora.

I'd say from Bsl to Waist Length it took about a year,I can't say which regimen i was using because it has changed .but Protective styling has helped alot and keeping up on that moisturizing .

I'd say from Bsl to Waist Length it took about a year,I can't say which regimen i was using because it has changed .but Protective styling has helped alot and keeping up on that moisturizing .

OMG TOY!!!!! YOUR UPDATE PIC IS :notworthy:love4::shocked::shocked::drool::thud:

Too many emotions!! Your hair looks FABULOUS!!!!!!

I have to comment on your new update pic too as I sit here drooling over it!
Your hair seems to have thickened up considerably!
Beautiful hair!
:drool:

I think it took about a year. Maybe a little more.

Here is a pic from Fall 2008:
652-vi.jpg

And here is a pic from Christmas of this year:
halfstraightback-vi.jpg

Sorry that the 2nd pic isn't as clear (and only half straightened).

As far as my routine. I just stuck with what I normally do. Low manipulation, bunning/ponytails, and lots of moisture.

Here is a link to my fotki page where I get a little more long-winded about what I do: http://members.fotki.com/semora/about/

Eta:
Since someone asked, I'm 5'3" and do think my torso is kinda short. MBL and BSL are almost the same thing for me, lol.

I would just under a year. But protecting styling and keeping up the moisture game was key.

your hair is gorgeous!!!

ETA: Toy, SEMO...my girl Tee...WOW!!! All of you have gorgeous, lush, healthy hair!
WHAT are y'all moisturizing with??

Lol! I use Qhemet Root burdock butter,Qhemet Olive & honey Balm,S-curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer,Hairveda Whipped Ends.

Thank you for the compliment!

your hair is gorgeous!!!

ETA: Toy, SEMO...my girl Tee...WOW!!! All of you have gorgeous, lush, healthy hair!
WHAT are y'all moisturizing with??

Thanks for the compliment. :) My favorite conditioner is Dove Intense Moisture conditioner. And my favorite leave-in is Africa's Best Liquid Hair Mayo (I love this stuff and buy numerous bottles at a time).

Your hair is gorgeous! I love the fullness of your ponytail...

I have some hairs touching WL now, so I'll say 14 months for me from BSL. I think it could have been faster if I didn't have a few challenges along the way, but I'm looking forward to full WL in 2010.

Lol! I use Qhemet Root burdock butter,Qhemet Olive & honey Balm,S-curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer,Hairveda Whipped Ends.

Thank you for the compliment!

Hi Toy! Did you grow your hair to waist with a relaxer, or did you grow it out natural first then relaxed it??

Back