wrapping tips? or perhaps an alternative?

constellation

so i just successfully did a roller set. i'm going to ditch modesty for a second and say that my hair is gorgeous, the ends are so smooth, smoother than straight out of the salon (where they used heat).

the only problem is that i have a little too much body (i have so much hair...). i look like i've stepped out of the fifties with this huge hair, marilyn monroe style. so, i was going to wrap it but with the hair's size, it's so hard! does anyone have any tips on easier wrapping, or maybe something i could do instead of wrapping?

If you have a look at Allandra's profile link you'll see a section in there which has great pics of step by step hair wrapping.

Also, I find paddle brushes make the hair smoother as it grabs the hair better from the root and make it lay down very flat to the head. This makes for a straight smooth comb out the next day.

Paddle brushes are good but you know what I use? Don't laugh, but I use a brush made for pet grooming! It sounds bizarre but you ever see the coats on show dogs??? Extremely shiny and smooth.

I try not to brush too often but I love my dog brush and I'm proud of it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wrap...but sometimes I just pull it back into a low ponytail, tie a hairnet or scarf around my head and get back under the dryer for 10-15 minutes. It removes most of the extra curliness and 'big hair'. Sometimes I smooth some KMS Flatout relaxing balm through it first followed by a light hair oil before pulling it back.

Constellation, PLEASE tell me how you got your roller set done so straight! I just posted about this, because I can never do it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I saw the step by step photos, but I still can never get the rollers to hold, my hair always slips off and never stays tight enough around the curlers. then I end up with frizzy hair.

Back