Would You Date A Former Pimp

theRaven

So, I have been binge watching my favorite guilty pleasure Divorce Court with Lynn Toler (she's awesome). The last few mixed episodes I noticed a few women had married or desired to marry men who confessed to being former pimps. I was mortified! I will say based on the episodes the women did not ex.press coming from a bad background or a messed up family situation. I kept wondering how did they justify this psychologically, how did they communicate this with their family?

Now, ladies of LHCF would you date a former pimp? Why or why not?

Last edited:
How would you know if it's real or you're just hit bottom *****. There is no way I would marry a man like that. Years ago I might have given him some time if he was giving me money. Now that pimps have moved on to human trafficking, I would never get in close proximity to someone I know was a pimp. I have a strong sense of self-preservation.

I couldn't they are masters of manipulation. And morally I find them abhorrent.

Yes morally I could not. I feel like my father would disown me! On one of the divorce court episodes the former pimp was giving long drawn out philosophical talks and at one point Judge Lynn was so annoyed at him :blah: All she asked was a simple question and he kept giving five minute speeches. He really had the gift of gab.

How would you know if it's real or you're just hit bottom *****. There is no way I would marry a man like that. Years ago I might have given him some time if he was giving me money. Now that pimps have moved on to human trafficking, I would never get in close proximity to someone I know was a pimp. I have a strong sense of self-preservation.

I thought pimps were always heavily involved in human trafficking...

See answers in bold.

If you don't mind:

What did your conversations with him consist of? I mainly speak with him about business and men.

What made him seem authentic? He is honest even when it doesn't show him in the best light.

What made him stop pimping? He said dudes not built to pimp entered the game; this brought unnecessary drama and heat to the profession. It also bred a different kind of ho.. He said there was once a code of ethic to hoeing and pimping but it does not exist anymore. He lost his sister during his last stint in prison, when he became a truck driver and hasn't looked back. He doesn't drive anymore but has 3 trucks on the road and is doing well for himself.

Last edited:
See answers in bold.

The one I know thinks the same way as the one you know.
I use to run errands ( cigarettes, liquor, numbers etc) for him when I was a very young child and he would pay me to do so. I would also do things for his "girlfriends" like paint their nails and braid their hair etc and they would pay me as well. He put the word out on the streets that I was not to be messed with so I was protected. I could be in the presence of real gangstas and they all treated me a like a little sister, always respectful and always protective. When I got older and really understood what he was doing I asked him why he never tried to turn me out, he told me he had to have some goodness in his life with all the :censored: up :censored: he did and it happened to be me.

No. Never.
1. I HATE manipulators.
2. I HATE anyone that can treat another human being like a commodity.
3. I'd have nightmares about STDs coming to get me.
4. I'd have nightmares about some "dime" b***h trying to kill me in my sleep because I took her "daddy".
5. If we ever had children, how would I explain what their father was/is(?)?
6. I'd never trust that he wasn't still in the trade on the low down.
7. STD nightmares. Did I say that already??
8. I doubt if he's pimping it's because he was just waiting for the Doctoral Committee to approve his Dissertation. So how is he going to support me and our would be children in the fashion to which I've become accustomed?

ETA:
9. Just some nastiness I want no part of.

Last edited:
Nope morals aside i have an issue with numbers. How do you convince a woman to sell herself and give you the majority of money and you are doing it for "us" I don't need that level of manipulation in my life ever.

Plus while I have an issue with churches my momma used to work for a church. And a bunch of pasters/preachers deacons etc in my family I can't bring a former pimp to my family. It would be a permanent prayer circle around me

I would not date one.

Keep in mind though that some pimps move on to become preachers. I know several and some have really changed their lives around and are some of the best people you would ever want to know. Others are still gutter trash but preaching in church.

I'm amazed constantly at the privilege men wield in this world. I would assume in religious affairs no matter how small the congregation or church, a past pimp would not have the qualifications to ascend to such a high calling in leading spiritual matters! Makes me wonder how many congregations would accept a reformed prostitute to become a preacher or deacon?

I can accept that people change and go to lead good lives but past pimp turned preacher is so unbelievably foul to me. Both professions deal with spirit and the mind...

The one I know thinks the same way as the one you know.
I use to run errands ( cigarettes, liquor, numbers etc) for him when I was a very young child and he would pay me to do so. I would also do things for his "girlfriends" like paint their nails and braid their hair etc and they would pay me as well. He put the word out on the streets that I was not to be messed with so I was protected. I could be in the presence of real gangstas and they all treated me a like a little sister, always respectful and always protective. When I got older and really understood what he was doing I asked him why he never tried to turn me out, he told me he had to have some goodness in his life with all the :censored: up :censored: he did and it happened to be me.

Soooooo now that I brought you into this thread... you wanna start telling us about "things a pimp told me" :lol:

You were very fortunate about him protecting you in that environment.

Heck no. Count me out of that please.

giphy.gif

I would be concerned that he would try to gaslight me, and can't shake the fact that he degraded women for profit.

@Tolle

I would have never guessed there was a code of ethics to the pimp game. Can you expand on this please. What did he tell you about men that made you see things differently?

You didn't ask me but drug dealers and the mob use to have some code among themselves too. Some dealers didn't sell to women or kids, family members or the neighborhood where their mother's lived. With the mob, women and children were off limits as far as retaliation was concerned.

Soooooo now that I brought you into this thread... you wanna start telling us about "things a pimp told me" :lol:

You were very fortunate about him protecting you in that environment.

No pimp tales... yet. Sorry lol.

Yes, I was very fortunate I was protected. I could have been dead, strung out, abused and raped many times over if he wasn't as feared and "respected" as he was. He fed people that were hungry, gave to churches and bought clothes for kids to go to school.

You didn't ask me but drug dealers and the mob use to have some code among themselves too. Some dealers didn't sell to women or kids, family members or the neighborhood where their mother's lived. With the mob, women and children were off limits as far as retaliation was concerned.

Yep.

No pimp tales... yet. Sorry lol.

Yes, I was very fortunate I was protected. I could have been dead, strung out, abused and raped many times over if he wasn't as feared and "respected" as he was. He fed people that were hungry, gave to churches and bought clothes for kids to go to school.
Where did you grow up?

I would not date one.

Keep in mind though that some pimps move on to become preachers. I know several and some have really changed their lives around and are some of the best people you would ever want to know. Others are still gutter trash but preaching in church.

This is true.

It's like back in the day they were just giving out certificates to be preachers and pastors. Someone very close to me became one and I can tell you today he doesn't even step foot in a church anymore :lol:.....

To @Tolle,
He said dudes not built to pimp entered the game; this brought unnecessary drama and heat to the profession. It also bred a different kind of ho.. He said there was once a code of ethic to hoeing and pimping but it does not exist anymore. He lost his sister during his last stint in prison, when he became a truck driver and hasn't looked back. He doesn't drive anymore but has 3 trucks on the road and is doing well for himself.

Did he ever expound on this? I'm curious about these "different" hos. :ninja:

Last edited:
I have come to learn that it takes a lot for people with a toxic lifestyle history to accept a healthy loving relationship. This is the case even when they want to change, try to change, and make great strides at change. Usually they are more comfortable with the what they are used to than what is best for them. The large majority of the time they will usually sabotage a great thing when it contradicts the experiences they are used to and have become comfortable with.

No I wouldn't date a "reformed/former" pimp, in any set of circumstances. It's an endeavor, at times, to sustain a healthy relationship good man. Dating a pimp is stepping into failure with hopes for a miracle if you ask me. A lot more surprising if you succeed against all odds than if you fail at the predictable.

Last edited:
Back